If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
ban by email address  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Modifications
Plague1001

Hi, I did a few searches and found that this hasn't coming up or at least isn't searchable by "ban by email address"

I have someone spamming my guestbook, and they are using the same gmail.com address everytime(or very similar), but the IP address is changing everytime, so I can't seem to block them from posting.

Would it be possible to add ban by email address to the guestbook admin?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/12/2011 03:43:20

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

As you just said the email address varies so unfortunately no. By the email address changes slightly do you mean it's basically the same but with extra dots in the first part?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Plague1001

the email address only changed every now and then. for the most part it is the same. I would like to be able to ban the address just like the IP ban works to at least slow down the spammer a little bit.

I was asking for feature add possibility.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/12/2011 08:38:24

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

This already exists in Lazarus, my fork of AG, but you would have to rewrite the bad word censoring in AG to make it block the post rather than just changing the banned words in to some characters. Not that hard to do if you don't already use the word censoring.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Modifications
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum