If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Incorporating CAPTCHA  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
Author Message
SteffJay
Beginner

Joined: 29/11/2013 14:13:56
Messages: 6
Offline

Is there a tutorial to help installing the Captcha Challenge from the free scripts to Advance Guestbook v2.4.4? Thanks in advance.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/06/2003 19:26:08
Messages: 4290
Location: Bristol, UK
Offline

It's already built in to the guestbook.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
SteffJay
Beginner

Joined: 29/11/2013 14:13:56
Messages: 6
Offline

Carbonize wrote:It's already built in to the guestbook.


I would like to use the one in the free scripts page. The one that is available in the program is too easily hacked.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/06/2003 19:26:08
Messages: 4290
Location: Bristol, UK
Offline

What's the link to your guestbook because if you look at the guestbook on this site it is already using that captcha.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
SteffJay
Beginner

Joined: 29/11/2013 14:13:56
Messages: 6
Offline

Carbonize wrote:What's the link to your guestbook because if you look at the guestbook on this site it is already using that captcha.


http://www.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/11/2013 15:32:34

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/06/2003 19:26:08
Messages: 4290
Location: Bristol, UK
Offline

How long you had the guestbook installed as he has a nasty habit of adding new things and not updating the version number.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
SteffJay
Beginner

Joined: 29/11/2013 14:13:56
Messages: 6
Offline

Carbonize wrote:How long you had the guestbook installed as he has a nasty habit of adding new things and not updating the version number.


I think this was installed a few years ago now.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/06/2003 19:26:08
Messages: 4290
Location: Bristol, UK
Offline

Download the guestbook from under free scripts, backup your existing files, extract the files from the the download and delete the config.inc.php file from admin folder. Upload and replace your existing files.

MAKE SURE TO KEEP A COPY OF YOUR CURRENT CONFIG.INC.PHP FILE SOMEWHERE SAFE!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/11/2013 15:03:25


Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
SteffJay
Beginner

Joined: 29/11/2013 14:13:56
Messages: 6
Offline

Carbonize wrote:Download the guestbook from under free scripts, backup your existing files, extract the files from the the download and delete the config.inc.php file from admin folder. Upload and replace your existing files.

MAKE SURE TO KEEP A COPY OF YOUR CURRENT CONFIG.INC.PHP FILE SOMEWHERE SAFE!


Thanks Carbonize, i will give that a go.
SteffJay
Beginner

Joined: 29/11/2013 14:13:56
Messages: 6
Offline

Thank you very much Carbonize. That seemed to do the trick. Perhaps i can rest easy now
 
Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum