If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Auron
Forum Index » Profile for Auron » Messages posted by Auron
Ask the question there you are more likely to get an answer than here. My specialty is more the Adcanced Poll.

Auron
Try over at http://spisas.com/forums/

I thing they cover the php version of the guestbook, the perl version I'm not sure.

Auron
K, fine. First thing the only thing it can be is the wrong permission for the first error. And then whats on line 59 in admin_templates.php?

Auron
It TELLS you in the readme file! Duh!

Auron
Well as you've got the basic idea why don't you code it into the loop. One point if you want the 30 ranked then you don't want the whole loop to stop at 10. You'd have to run it twice, once for the 30 and again for the 10, or you could extract the top ten data from the first run-through of the loop by storing them in some variables to be used when ouputting the results.

Auron
When you uploaded to your hosting services server you need to chmod the files go here to find out how :: http://spisas.com/forums ::, I know its for the guestbook but the principle is the same (thats the only place with a tutorial on how to do it). Also chmod'ing is just setting the permissions so people can call and execute the PHP script.

Auron
Open whatever page contains the submit button and mofidy the redirection to something else instead of the blank like to... anywhere you want! It doesn't have to go anywhere specific.

Auron
Make sure you uploaded all the images and specified the location of the images folder in the Admin Panel under General Settings I had the same problem modify it there to what it should be. Eg. poll/images

Its not exactly difficult if you had looked a little harder.

Auron
A few bits of info : try shortening the database name to adv_poll the host should be alright, if its not ask whoever hosts your site what the root is to MySQL / database. The pass and user need to be set if you have access to a MySQL database. If you don't then you'll have to use the textfile version of Adv. Poll. If your site is hosted by someone with MySQL then you will of recieved or need to get the username and password from them to gain access to MySQL so the PHP can connect to it and create the database once you've put them into hte config file.

Auron
All I can say is make sure you have that comment in guestbook.html
I presume your running the perl version, PHP is more my specialty. You may need to add the comment to guestbook.html and the file that calls it. For example you have index.html for the frameset and then that has two frames one called menu.html and the other main.html you would add it to whichever page had the guestbook on it and index.html.

Can't think of anything else really, sorry if this isn't all that helpful.

Auron
If you had to put a number in instead of 'newest' say for example your latest poll is number 21 then in your second bit of code replace the 'newest' bit with 21 and it should display the comments associated with that poll.

Hope that helps!
Auron
You just need to change the redirect so it redirects back to their message they just poseted or somewhere interesting. The redirecct should be there somewhere, where I don't know ask here if they know ::

http://www.spisas.com

Auron
The first is that you hsvrn't set the permissions or the right ones, use your FTP program and chmod to whatever it needs to be the other two. Upload that file again or get a fresh copy of it from here and then upload that. -- Just in case it got corrupted or something.

Auron
If your using a hosting service you'll have to get them to do it for you. Be warned some might not switch it off because it is seen as a security problem - someone could upload a virus ect. Its not something the user can do if you don't own the server yourself.

Auron
You need to put in a username and password to get into the MySQL database. If you don't have one then you'll have to create a user in MySQL for yourself, thats what I had to do.

There are two ways to add yourself as a user you can use the MySQL Control Center off the http://www.mysql.com/ or you can use phpMyAdmin which I found quite tricky to use. The control center is easier and more reliable.

Auron

Forum Index » Profile for Auron » Messages posted by Auron
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum