If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Ignatius
Forum Index » Profile for Ignatius » Messages posted by Ignatius
My guestbook isn't huge, but there are probably 15-20 messages with images. I suppose it would be possible to save the images as .jpgs, run your upgrade, then manually replace them in the proper message with the edit tool.

Think that's my best option for now?
Thanks, Carbonize.

I don't want to lose the messages and photos I have there now. So does that mean I need to downgrade to 2.2?
Yes, I think I did update. How do I fix the issue now?
I'm getting an error when I try to do several things in my admin, such as ban an IP address, set the flood control, etc. Anyone know how to fix this? I'm running 2.3.1.

I installed Carbonize's simple spam fix, which worked for about two weeks, but now the spam is back and thicker than ever. There were 45 spam messages yesterday alone.

Anyone have any ideas?

What a load of gibberish...

It's a pain in the ass to have to pull all those posts, but it is kinda funny.

Kinda.
I'm in the process of moving a guestbook (2.2) over to a new server, which is running 2.3.1. I uploaded the database from the old server, and the posts are showing up fine, but none of the images are.

However, any image that I upload in the guestbook on the new server show up fine.

What do I have to do to get the old photos to show? I assume it's a path problem, but since the newly uploaded photos show fine, I'm not sure what to change.

Thanks for your help.
Yes! That was it. 2.2 had just "name" as the name input.

Thanks for catching that, Carbonize!
I'm trying to upgrade Advanced Guestbook to 2.3.1 from 2.2. I did considerable cosmetic changes to the form.php template, so I tried just pasting the code from the old version and seeing if it would work in the new.

It doesn't. When attempting to post, I get a "You forgot to fill in the name field" error, even though the name field IS filled in.

Other than having to reinvent the wheel and write all new coding for the cosmetic HTML changes on the new version, is there a quick fix to the PHP scripting that would eliminate this error? 'Fraid I don't know enough about PHP to attempt a fix.

Thanks for your help!
Yep. It won't work unless it's in a top level domain. cPanel tells you this in the install screen, but the example it shows isn't a subdomain, so maybe it isn't clear enough.
Wow, you DO have a zoo.

Actually, I don't have any Poms. The site is owned by a friend--I just help her with the coding and graphics. But I'm glad you like it.

Cheers,

Ignatius
OK, I finally found the problem...

The script on the 2.3 version of the entry.php template is different from the 2.2 version. I had made considerable cosmetic changes to that page and hoped to be able just to replace it on the new server running 2.3. No dice.

I'll have to redo the HTML on the 2.3 page from scratch, I guess, since I don't know enough about PHP coding to change just the script.

Oh well.

Here's what I'm trying to make the 2.3 page look like:

The Pirate Pom (click on Guestbook)
Sorry that didn't work for you--it worked for me just fine.

There is another solution described in this thread:

http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1981&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

It involves using MySQL to drop a table and re-add it. See the post from "Guest" dated Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:45 pm.

You might also want to run the session test to make sure sessions are working on your server. You'll find the test in that same thread.

Good luck.

Ignatius
Check your mail.
.jpgs don't work either.

Forum Index » Profile for Ignatius » Messages posted by Ignatius
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum