If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: darrenabela
Forum Index » Profile for darrenabela » Messages posted by darrenabela
hi there,

I just moved my website to a new server host, and had a nightmare in setting up GB again.. Finally its done however I copied the gb.class.php file across to keep the Back to Menu selction, however when ever you use it I get the error below:

Query Error
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MySQL Error : Query Error
Error Number: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'http://www.jesmonddenehotel.com/, 10' at line 1
Date : Wed, October 13, 2004 15:26:50
IP : 205.228.81.22
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; msie6xpv1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Referer : http://www.jesmonddenehotel.co.uk/guestbook/index.php
PHP Version : 4.3.9
Server : Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.9 FrontPage/5.0.2.2634a mod_ssl/2.8.19 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
Server Name : www.jesmonddenehotel.co.uk

Any idea?
Hi AMber,

the problem I have is that the old host did not have a gui interface, I only have FTP access to the server. So have no phpadmin or SQL manager.

When I ftp to the site where the GB is working, the only folder I can see which may relate to the SQL side of things is :

/var/Darren

in here are many file ending .frm/MTD/MYI

I cant find any sql file which holds all of the posts...therefore dont know what to export....

any help would be great.
Hi all,

Im in the process of moving my site from one host to an other.

Now I have moved all the files across, however Im not to clue up on the sql side of things. What do I need to do on my new host for the guestbook to work, also do I need to edit any files?

Any help would be great!

Currently getting the error below on the new host:

Warning: main(/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 10

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 10

Warning: main(/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/image.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 11

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/image.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 11

Warning: main(/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/template.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 12

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/template.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 12

Warning: main(/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/vars.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 118

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/vars.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 118

Warning: main(/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/gb.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 119

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/gb.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 119

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: guestbook in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 120
from the original question im still trying to find out what template to edit, also where in the code shall I put in my html to add a back to home page button.

I would like to position the button in the middle of the page.

Thanks
Hi all,

I have been running with the latest guestbook on my website, but every so often it breaks on its own. I loaded a new DB on Friday and was working fine all weekend, this morning Im getting a Query Error:

MySQL Error : Query Error
Error Number: 1030 Got error 127 from table handler
Date : Mon, February 16, 2004 07:57:48
IP : 205.228.81.15
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; msie6xpv1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)
Referer : http://www.jesmonddenehotel.co.uk
PHP Version : 4.3.0
Server : Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) PHP/4.3.0 mod_perl/1.27 mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a FrontPage/4.0.4.3

Does any one know why this is happening?

Please email at darren.abela@morganstanley.com I be happy to give you any code or db settings from my site.

Thanks
Darren
okay finally found out the problem.

apparently the software code doesnt user socket connections.

I had someone modify the mysql.call.php to cater for it.

Does this make sense and can any one explain?

Thanks

www.jesmonddenehotel.com
okay Ive gone through the forums and checked my config file, but getting

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.jesmondd:/tmp/mysql.jesmondd' (2) in /home/jesmondd/web/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30
Connection Error
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MySQL Error : Connection Error
Error Number: 2002 Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.jesmondd:/tmp/mysql.jesmondd' (2)
Date : Wed, January 28, 2004 08:35:47
IP : 205.228.81.7
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; msie6xpv1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)
Referer :
PHP Version : 4.3.0
Server : Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) PHP/4.3.0 mod_perl/1.27 mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a FrontPage/4.0.4.3

I originally got to the install pages with no problems, then created the Tables and databases with no problems, however when I goto the admin pages I get the error above. Now Ive been told that my skt is localhost:/tmp/mysql.<username> Im putting this in but still getting errors?

Can any one help me?
Thanks
Darren.abela@morganstanley.com

Forum Index » Profile for darrenabela » Messages posted by darrenabela
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum