If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: cndgirl
Forum Index » Profile for cndgirl » Messages posted by cndgirl
Is there some security issue's with this guestbook? I know first time I installed, made the mistake of deleting my database. BUT this time I once again lost my guestbook and It wasn't on my part!! wtf is going on with this script?
Trevor wrote:Hi cndgirl,

Sorry to hear you lost your guestbook. All looks a bit too complicated for me.

You said you had the guestbook up and running and problems occurred after installing a forum - I'm assuming problems occurred as soon as forum installed, i.e. there's a conflict between the two. Is forum working as it should be?

Can you determine which files, if any, have been amended or overwritten by the forum (from the 'last modified' info). This could help determine where the conflict lies. You could then reinstall the affected files using different names - you'd also have to update all links and references in other files to take account of the new names.

One other suggestion - was guestbook &/ forum supplied by webhosting company? If so, their tech support may be able to help. I use Yahoo and even though they say they don't supply support for third party software they often do if you ask nicely.

Sorry I can't help more - best of luck.

Trevor

Trevor thank you very much for your reply.
I have taken care of my problem, it goes like this.....
When something is stressing you out, get RID of it! Done.
Started fresh after contacting my webhosting provider.
Thank you for your help, best of luck.
cndgirl wrote:
cndgirl wrote:That didn't help Any other suggestions? Please
Can someone tell me if i have the proper files in my database? Ok I go into phpmyadmin in guestbook database I have these files in place
book_auth
book_ban
book_com
book_config
book_data
book_ip
book_private
book_smiles
book_words

I got something but still
Don't know how I did it, but I manged to get into guestbook login. This is what I have thou, at top of admin.php
cndgirl wrote:That didn't help Any other suggestions? Please
Can someone tell me if i have the proper files in my database? Ok I go into phpmyadmin in guestbook database I have these files in place
book_auth
book_ban
book_com
book_config
book_data
book_ip
book_private
book_smiles
book_words

I got something but still
Don't know how I did it, but I manged to get into guestbook login. This is what I have thou, at top of admin.php
Deleted info below this line
That didn't help Any other suggestions? Please
book_auth
book_ban
book_com
book_config
book_data
book_ip
book_private
book_smiles
book_words
God Bless your soul Jam'n I'm on it *poof*
Am I doing something wrong? Why can't I get help with my problem? I'm not begging, I have searched the forum, I have tried to solve this conflic on my own..............142 views and no one can at least send me a the direction
OMG Trevor I am so sorry, I didn't know you had replied to this post, I didn't get a email notifaction Please forgive me. My guestbook has disappeared but if I ever get it back I'll make sure to follow your steps. Thank you very much once again for your time and help.
cndgirl wrote:I get the feeling that no one is willing to help me. I am wondering why? I have searched the forum and have done a few things. At this point I feel that i have totally messed up everything. Probably worst then the start. My last attempt was from this topic.....
http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1981
Nothing seems to help. Can some please give me some advice. I have some knowledge of php, but I'm far from being a pro, if someone has the time to help I'd be greatful
Does does mean anything to someone.....

As you can see I get a login page but once I fill in the information I get this
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: xxxxxx@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 23
Connection Error or this
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_create_db() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/guestbook/install.php on line 233

I get the feeling that no one is willing to help me. I am wondering why? I have searched the forum and have done a few things. At this point I feel that i have totally messed up everything. Probably worst then the start. My last attempt was from this topic.....
http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1981
Nothing seems to help. Can some please give me some advice. I have some knowledge of php, but I'm far from being a pro, if someone has the time to help I'd be greatful
Thank you....
Oh lawdy I had my guestbook up and running with no problem.. Then yesterday I installed a forum. Had to use a separate database for the forum, no problem! installed forum no problem. I go to my guestbook and all was messed up! I have tried everything. It is somewhere in cyber space Can someone please help this is the error message I get when I point to my guestbook
MySQL Error : Connection Error
Error Number: 1045 Access denied for user: xxxxxxx@localhost' (Using password: YES)
Date : Mon, May 3, 2004 15:09:08
IP : 66.185.84.69
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; xxxx Internet; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)
Referer :
PHP Version : 4.3.4
Server : Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2634 mod_ssl/2.8.16 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
Hope this means something to someone.....
Please help if you can
No one can help me with this?????
I have read a few posts on how to add and delete fields in guestbook. But my question is,,,,,, how do i make a field a requirment?
What I'd like to do is make email field a requirment to beable to sign guestbook. if someone could please guide me with what to do or possible have code so i can do this.
Thanks in advance

Forum Index » Profile for cndgirl » Messages posted by cndgirl
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum