If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: hawkeye
Forum Index » Profile for hawkeye » Messages posted by hawkeye
Well I was hacked and everyone advised to upgrade...but also I just noticed in my general settings I have images turned off..so I am now wondering if I had images turned on in the older version if that would make a difference.
Problem solved...I had to remove the image field in the posts plus there were some extra quotes (assuming from the image field) a little farther down...

I was able to restore everything from the backup. I am only missing a few that weren't in that backup...however I did the Google cache trick shortly after I was hacked and I can manually add them...at least its not all of them!!'

Thx carbonize for your help and leading me in the right direction!
Actually I already thought of that and I still get the error that the columnsdon't match. I started the numbering off at 4 since I have 3 entries in my address book. It still wouldn't go...

Thx
Carbonize,

I finally got my hotmail account working and got your email. I tried to sql the data into the database but I got this again:

#1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

My question is that this problem must have come up before. I can't be the only one with a backup from 2.2 trying to import it into 2.3.1?

Thanks for the help
Sorry carbonize...I am getting the same error:

Carbonize,

Hotmail is down for some reason. I can't download nor send emails with it? I saw your email come in via msn messenger but I can't access it.

If what you sent can be posted here that would be great...
Carbonize,

for some reason I can't send any emails with hotmail...herei s my reply to your last email:

So what can I do about it? This is how the back up was made using phpMYadmin and I did not alter anything...is there a way to "fool" phpMYadmin to thinking the extra field is there?

Thx
nevermind...I found it at your website in your signature...
OK...but where is your email address?

thx
I used cPanel backup to back up the whole site...I have a SQL file for each of my databases...

I tried just putting in the "Insert" portions via phpMYadmin but that did not work...that's how I got the error...
2.3.1 is the version that my host offers...I am not sure if you remember but I was hacked a few weeks ago and I asked if there was a way to recover my data. Well I found a backup I did in July so all would not be lost. Only a few entries would be gone...

What do you mean by upgrade script? If I am already running the latest version what will I be updating?

Thx
so are you saying my backup is useless?
I have the previous version of the guestbook (the most recent before the current one) and when I try to import the data from the backup I get this error in MyPHPadmin:

Anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thx
AMBER YOU ARE AWESOME!!! I never knew about that google trick I and I always thought I was pretty savy with Google!!

I got everything back! Now I just need to get them in there which will be a tedious process! But better then lost data!!

You just made my day! Thank You!

hawkeye
carbonize..I saw that post but it it was unclear as to what I am deleting...I want all the existing fields to still be required plus the email...Do I still delete all that code? That tut appeared to me as something to do if you DON'T want any required fields?

Thx

Forum Index » Profile for hawkeye » Messages posted by hawkeye
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum