If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Ahroo
Forum Index » Profile for Ahroo » Messages posted by Ahroo
Sorry - I misunderstood. I made the change and it now requires a password, so hopefully that will keep all of this spam out. Thank you again for your help and patience!

Laura
Not having any idea as to what I am doing with php, I tried to change the comment.php by adding the following line, thinking it might direct the poster to the test:
$gb_com->bottest = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["bottest"])) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS["bottest"] : '';

It did not work! So, I'm afraid I have to ask for just a bit more hand-holding and more specific info for what I need to add/change to the comment.php file (and/or other files) to add the verifications there. Once again, I was flooded this morning with spam comments.

Thanks!
Thanks! And I thought I had proof-read it so carefully . Amazing what one little "$" can do!

But here's another question. All of the recent spam I've gotten the last few days has been as added "comments" to someone else's original message, and these modifications don't require any verifications to add a comment. Is there some way that can be added?

Again, thank you VERY much for all of your help!

Laura
This is what I have in that part of the file:

} else {
$HOST = '';
}
$HIDDEN = "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"gb_preview\" value=\"1\">\n";
$HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"keycode\" value=\"".$_POST["keycode"]."\">";
$HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"rand\" value=\"$Vrand\">\n"; //Hidden Random Value
HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"gb_name\" value=\"".$this->name."\">\n";
$HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"bottest\" value=\"".$this->bottest."\">\n";
$HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"gb_email\" value=\"".$this->email."\">\n";
$HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"gb_url\" value=\"".$this->url."\">\n";
$HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"gb_comment\" value=\"".$this->comment."\">\n";
$HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"gb_location\" value=\"".$this->location."\">\n";
if ($this->image_file) {

Thanks!
Hi! I'm running Adv. GB 2.3.1. I made all the corrections, including this last one to add.class.php, but when I try to add a new entry, I get the following message:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONCAT_EQUAL in /home/httpd/vhosts/swampboogieband.com/httpdocs/guestbook/lib/add.class.php on line 398

I think (maybe THAT's my problem! ) I made all the substitutions correctly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And thank you SO much for helping us all out with these modifications and f/u assistance!

Laura
Thanks to you both for your replies. I just checked the guestbook and it is working again, so it must have been something going on at the server end. All's well that ends well.....
Hi,

My guestbook (Adv.GB ver 2.3.1) has been working great - no problems at all other than a spammer. I added the image verification script several days ago - no more spammer, everything still working great. Last night, the only change I made was to hide the IP info - everything still working great. This morning I tried to access the address book and got this message:

Query Error
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MySQL Error : Query Error
Error Number: 1 Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql1c45_21b7_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)
Date : Fri, January 28, 2005 08:08:19
IP : 69.215.233.10
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)
Referer : http://www.swampboogieband.com/index.html
PHP Version : 4.3.10
Server : Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_throttle/3.1.3 mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a FrontPage/5.0.2.2623 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b DAV/1.0.3 PHP/4.3.10 mod_perl/1.26
Server Name : www.swampboogieband.com

Any suggestions as to what happened (was it hacked, did something happen on the server, did a file get corrupted, etc.) and what I need to do to fix it? Thanks!

Laura

Forum Index » Profile for Ahroo » Messages posted by Ahroo
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum