If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: martin_uboo
Forum Index » Profile for martin_uboo » Messages posted by martin_uboo
In case anyone experiences this particular problem, Carbonize fixed it for me.

The problem was when I restored the database and files, it did not create a SQL user.

Thanks Carbonize, you are the best!!!

martin

PS. I'm here with another problem and thought I should post the problem resolution here for others.
Hello,

Carbonize has been helping me with restoring my AGB and now everything was fine. Then I tried to customize the "look and feel".

First off, I already searched and read the various threads on this problem. I have a general idea what's wrong, but now I could use some specific help.

I first encountered this error while customizing my AGB "look and feel". I was looking for where the ["BookMess3"] fields were defined (I knew before but forgot) and I looked at admin.class.php and then looked it up here at the forum and found that is was in lang\english.php. I edited the ["BookMess3"] field and everything was fine. Then I had to log back in to admin.php and got a message similar to this one:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/guestbook/lang/english.php:203) in /home/xxxx/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 97

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/guestbook/lang/english.php:203) in /home/xxxx/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 100

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/guestbook/lang/english.php:203) in /home/xxxx/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 103

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/guestbook/lang/english.php:203) in /home/xxxx/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 106

But the line #s were different = 65, 67,69,71. I read all the threads (listed below) and found it was a white space problem. I first mistakenly cleaned up the extra lines after line #201 in english.php and then I re-read the posts and saw that I should be in admin.class.php. There is not any extra lines or spaces at the beginning or end of that file and the error message line #s are in the middle of the script. So I deleted blank line #65 and then tried to login again and got the errors above. I added blank line #65 back in and still get the errors above (as opposed to the original line #s)

I am using PSPad with internal ftp (as recommended by Carbonize).

Where do I look for these blank lines and spaces? Is there some easy way to check the file or visually display the problem areas?

Thanks in advance!

martin

Reference threads:

http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3200
http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3093
http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4017
No, I do not have any other scripts installed that use MySQL. I can access the MySQL data base and phpMyAdmin from my cPanel.

I know what the password was when I saved the MySQL database prior to deleted the AGB. I restored the database from the backup copy of the database, so it should still be the same, right? But that one doesn't work when I put it in the config.inc.php file.

Suggestions?

Thanks again.

PS. Would it help if I gave you access to my cPanel? I can email you direct if you want to do that.

martin
You are right about being confused!!

Where do I get my "Database" password, if it's not the one in the "book_auth" password field? I know what it was in the previous installation. Do I just put that plaintext password in the config.inc.php file like this:

If so, I just tried that and still get the same error message as before:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'usatro2_agbook1@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/usatro2/public_html/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 59
Connection Error
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MySQL Error : Connection Error
Error Number: 1045 Access denied for user: 'usatro2_agbook1@localhost' (Using password: YES)
Thanks again.

My password looks like this = "9fExxxxxjY' in the config.inc.php file and like this = "115b6xxxxd2977ea" in the "book_auth" password field in phpMyAdmin.

Do I just enter the same password in plain text in each location? What keeps someone from getting into the config.inc.php file and gaining access?

Thanks.

martin
Thanks Carbonize.

I just tried that and received this error:
Could not connect to MySQL because: Access denied for user: 'xxxxxxx_agbook1@localhost' (Using password: YES)

I added my desired username and password into the reset.php file in PSPad, uploaded the file and ran it.

I checked the encrypted password in the config.inc.php file entry:

is different from the data in phpMyAdmin:

Suggestions?

Thanks again!

martin
Thanks for the reply, Carbonize.

I have checked the database name, username, host, and table names. They all match.

The error on line # 59 I referenced above in the mysql.class.php file shows:

The only thing I can't check is the encrypted password. Where is that located? How do I check it or change it to make sure it matches.

Thanks again for all your help.

martin
I had to remove my AGB and database from my web host due to possible security exploit problems. Carbonize was kind enough to help me convince the web host that the newest version 2.3.1 was in fact secure. I finally got permission to restore my guestbook and database.

So far I have restored my original database (it looks like it's there) and uploaded all my previous files and set permission on the public directory to 777 (per the readme file). When I access the index.php file in my guestbook directory, I get this error:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'xxxxxx_agbook1@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/mysite/public_html/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 59
Connection Error
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MySQL Error : Connection Error
Error Number: 1045 Access denied for user: 'xxxxxx_agbook1@localhost' (Using password: YES)

I am not a MYSQL or PHP wiz, so I could use some help please.

PS. I searched and found a similar thread, but it didn't seem to apply to my situation as the line number was different and my database is installed (I think).

Thanks in advance for your help!

martin
Thanks Carbonize! I really appreciate it. As I am a novice to PHP (as noted in my original posts to you about editing files), I don't know what is the deal with suPHP. Here is a link to their site I found via a Google search > http://www.suphp.org/Home.html.

I will await your test script! Thanks again!

martin
Hello. I hope Carbonize is still following this thread.

I just heard from my hosting company about the "malformed email headers" and they are still working with cPanel tech support to resolve this issue. The hosting companies tech support is leaning towards the AG script as being the problem. The only new piece of info I got from them (host) is that the AG script was written in PHP and my host uses suPHP as an Apache module and that may have some impact on the email header situation.

Have you had a chance to review the file I sent you?

Hope to hear from you and thanks again for all your help!

martin
Thanks Carbonize! I just sent you the file.

martin
Thanks, ET! That sounds like the same problem. I posted the associated error messages (one pasted and one screenshot linked) in my first post. Maybe when Carbonize reviews this he can figure it out. Any one else with ideas, please let me know.

martin
Thanks, ET! I searched earlier and the only post I found was: http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=236&highlight=preview+image+error, but that is a different error. Do you know of any other posts?

martin
OK, I sent it to your carbonize.co.uk address.

martin
Thanks again, Carbonize!

I sent you the "malformed header" information to your Hotmail address. I wanted to keep some identity info private. As I said in my email, feel free to post to the board any relevant info (without identity info) that would be useful to others.

As I said in my previous post, this problem has been escalated to cPanel tech support. I have confirmed the problem with two different hosting companies, both using cPanel.

If you can figure anything out on the images, I would really appreciate it. You can probably guess the url of the guestbook (from the email address or let me know and I will send it to you) if you want to see the error in action. Just remember to preview the image insertion and then post from there.

Thanks again for all your help!!!

martin

Forum Index » Profile for martin_uboo » Messages posted by martin_uboo
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum