If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: GarySmith
Forum Index » Profile for GarySmith » Messages posted by GarySmith
ok, Thanks for the test. I'm working on the other stuff.
Cheers,
gs
Hi,
I don't know where else to post this here so here goes.

I've been told my AGB isn't working. I haven't received any new posts in awhile. I know that it shows an error at the top of the AGB page from a mod I was doing. I have to get back to that but it still works for me when I post to it.

Anybody got a minute to post a test message so I can see what's going on? I'll delete it asap.

www.mtmestas(dot)com/guestbook/

Thanks.
Carbon,
Nope...I've changed it 3 times now and still get same error code. I have to leave. I'll PM you the login and password in case you have a chance to look.
Thanks
Hello Carbon,
I replaced the code with your and still get the same error.
It's this file....
public_html/guestbook/addentry.php
Hi,
I haven't got any entries in a long time and when I just tried to sign the guestbook I got this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ':' in /home/mtmestas/public_html/guestbook/addentry.php on line 27

I looked at the line but not sure what the problem is.

This is line 27, just the word "Code:"

Code:

Can you help?

Thanks.

<?php

$include_path = dirname(__FILE__);

include_once $include_path."/admin/config.inc.php";

include_once $include_path."/lib/$DB_CLASS";

include_once $include_path."/lib/image.class.php";

include_once $include_path."/lib/template.class.php";

include_once $include_path."/lib/vars.class.php";

include_once $include_path."/lib/add.class.php";

$gb_post = new addentry($include_path);

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_action"])) {

Code:
$gb_post->bottest = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["bottest"])) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS["bottest"] : '';
$gb_post->name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_name"])) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_name"] : '';

$gb_post->email = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_email"])) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_email"] : '';

$gb_post->url = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_url"])) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_url"] : '';

$gb_post->comment = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_comment"])) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_comment"] : '';

$gb_post->location = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_location"])) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_location"] : '';

$gb_post->icq = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_icq"])) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_icq"] : '';

$gb_post->aim = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_aim"])) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_aim"] : '';

$gb_post->gender = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_gender"])) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_gender"] : '';

$gb_post->userfile = (isset($HTTP_POST_FILES["userfile"]["tmp_name"]) && $HTTP_POST_FILES["userfile"]["tmp_name"] != "") ? $HTTP_POST_FILES : '';

$gb_post->user_img = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_user_img"])) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_user_img"] : '';

$gb_post->preview = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_preview"])) ? 1 : 0;

$gb_post->private = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_private"])) ? 1 : 0;

echo $gb_post->process($HTTP_POST_VARS["gb_action"]);

} else {

echo $gb_post->process();

}

?>
commonly called 'malware'
Well, that makes me curious/wonder why I haven't had them because I was getting about 5 a day or more. I know for sure I'm in their files.

I been thinking about going back to my websites and scrambling the mailto: email addresses. I have about 10 emails listed over about 1500 pages up now.

Gary
I was getting alot from France also but when I started adding them to the IP ban it totally stopped after I added about 15 or 20 ips. I don't know about the anonymous ip, tell me more, but for IP ips the IP ban works good if you stay consistent for a few weeks. I haven't had a spam in over a month, maybe two. If you want I can send you my banned IPs list. It might save you some frustration.
Gary
Hi,
Can't access my AGB page. I get this error now. Looked at the line #143 but I don't see it. I attached about 20 lines . Anybody .......?

Thanks,
Gary

"Parse error: parse error, unexpected ':' in /home/mtmestas/public_html/guestbook/lang/english.php on line 143"

---------------
$LANG["ErrorPost7"] = "Wrong image file type";

$LANG["ErrorPost8"] = "Sorry! We have flood-control activated. Please try again after a period of time elapses!";

$LANG["ErrorPost9"] = "Your IP adress is banned!";

$LANG["ErrorPost10"] = "Your message contains some invalid words. Please correct it and re-submit.";

$LANG["ErrorPost11"] = "You forgot to fill in the Comment field. Please correct it and re-submit.";

$LANG["PassMess1"] = "Please enter a valid username and password:";

$LANG["PassMess2"] = "Invalid username or password. Please try again.";

$LANG["PassMess3"] = "Sorry, but the password you entered was not correct.";

# Days

$weekday[0] = "Sunday";

$weekday[1] = "Monday";

$weekday[2] = "Tuesday";

$weekday[3] = "Wednesday";

$weekday[4] = "Thursday";

$weekday[5] = "Friday";

----------------------
ok, I'll get back to it later if it comes up again.
For what it's worth, I started doing the human verification patch and ran into some descrepency in the directions. I never got it working. I have since been diligent to put all of the offending IPs in the ip block tool. I had to learn how to do IP searches where the url was given but the end result has been from getting 5 or 10 link and xxx spams daily, I haven't had one in 2 or 3 weeks. When I get one I put the ip in the box. In total there were only about 15 ips spamming me. Alot from France.

So, I found the IP block has been easy and worked the best.

Regards,
Gary
JTD,
Please don't be condescending.
Carbon,
Could you please edit your patch directions to correct the different errors/issues and then repost it here? It would make having to do this so much less of a pain in the *ss.

Thanks,
Gary Smith
I don't remember again but I think the default is user/123. There should be somebody here can confirm this.
Gary

Forum Index » Profile for GarySmith » Messages posted by GarySmith
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum