If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Michael Stewart
Forum Index » Profile for Michael Stewart » Messages posted by Michael Stewart
Perhaps you can... I don't understand.

Can you spell this out for me?

I think I'm unable to install the new version because like an idiot I've forgotten the admin user/password.

I went into phpAdmin and modified the "defaults" on book_config, but when I hit the guestbook site again, it was all just the same (no colors had changed).
My guestbook is at www.encore-performances.com/encore_guestbook/

I was running version 2.2, it got hacked by NetDevil.

I used phpAdmin to remove the last entry, but it still left my guestbook in an odd condition: the background is all black, it only displays one entry at a time, and they are unreadable as black-on-black. I looked in phpAdmin for a database entry to set the background color, but it looked the same as another functioning database... so I'm very confused.

I'm a total newbie, so I expect to be abused by the moderator on this, but I need help.

First off, I don't have the foggiest where the database is. I used the cpanel "back-up" tool to save it to my home computer, but never found it on my web-host using an ftp client.

I tried to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3 by following the "sticky" instructions.

- I copied a few items into the new config.inc.php (dbName, host, user, pass)
- I overwrote the old files with the new
- I copied over the upgrade.php and executed it using one set of username/passwords (all seemed ok)
- I tried to run install, but it will not accept the same set of username/password
- I can't recall the default and the post I read on changing it just said "DOH" to a guy named Gary who eventually remembered the default.

My hacked guestbook is really bugging me. Can someone help me?
OK... so Gary remembered his... nice work Gary.

I'm not that fortunate. How do I reset the Admin logon?

Forum Index » Profile for Michael Stewart » Messages posted by Michael Stewart
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum