If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: farbrortorsten
Forum Index » Profile for farbrortorsten » Messages posted by farbrortorsten
Yeah, I have 2.4.3 why should I upgrade? Any security reasons?
But now I have learned that it's not so safe to use the admin user and password to both the sites admin/cpanel login and a database, like the one AG use. It's better to create a separate user and give that the previligies/permissions to the database and input the users username and password in the config.inc-file.
Hehe...

Success at last! The password was not the one to the easy admin page for the AG, but the one to the user for my whole site. Since the database is "inside my site" it seems logical... now.
Let's first see what reply my websitehost gives me. Then I'll think it over. My website can live without a guestbook, even though it's fun and gives me some input (mostly nice comments, but some people tells me to go to hell!).
I've have checked enough in cPanel now, but obviously it didn't help. I'll contact my webhost, but this doesn't look good.

Well, thanks for your time Carbonize!
www.farbrortorsten.com/english/
Ok, thanks, so I was at the right place.

Have tried a lot of combinations now, but nothing works.
But it all seems so simple. User namn and db namn am I sure I know and they look to be the same, and the access host seems to be called localhost. Nothing can be wrong, but still it is...
I think I know the name on the database, but not the user and host, and I'm not sure what rows in config.inc.php I should change...?

I've tried some things but it does not work. In my control panels database part I have a found a "connection string" containing the namn (including the prefix) of the database and some stuff I dont understand. I really dont understand servers and PHP... What things am I looking for?
I'm sorry, but I did the misstake to upgrade AG från 2.3.1. to 2.3.2. by copying the new files onto the old ones. Apperently a file or two too much, because now my guestbook gives an error:

http://www.farbrortorsten.com/gastbok/

I cannot not even reach it from my AG-admin page, the same error occurs. What do I do? I'm getting filled with frustrations and hopelessness here!

Forum Index » Profile for farbrortorsten » Messages posted by farbrortorsten
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum