If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: SteinerKD
Forum Index » Profile for SteinerKD » Messages posted by SteinerKD
Hi!

I'm trying to use the PNG Counter but all I get is a broken image, I assume it's the mentioned GD support I'm lacking (Whatever that is).
Can someone point me in the right direction to get/add that support to my sytem?

Running Apache 2.0.47 with PHP 4.3.2 on a WinXP machine.

TIA
Thomas
Hi!

Trying to set up Daily Counter for a page using SQL instead of the txt files.
Created a empty db, created a user and gave it full rights to that db.
Now when I run the create table php nothing happends.
When I try to run the SQL code my server pukes on the "NOT NULL" bit..

Any suggestions on how to get this running?

Apache 2, MySQl 4, PHP 4.3

TIA
Thomas
Yes quite sure, I've checked that... It works, but create a empty page. My guess is something have changed with my updates or I forgot to set something that is needed.
As the page is created dynamically I guess the PHP <-> SQL comunication isn't working any more or PHP fail to process the data for some reason.
Would be nice to hear from someone using Apache 2, MySQL 4, PHP 4.3.2 on a WinXP system to see if my settings match theirs...
You can find the two, now non-working, guestbooks at my sites:

http://ff.tifozi.net/
http://kibk.tifozi.net/
Hi!

I've been running the Advanced Guestbook 2.3.1 for some time and it's been working fine. Recently though I reinstalled my system and took the chanse to upgrade Apache (1.3 -> 2.0), SQL (3.23 -> 4.0) and PHP (to 4.3.2).

Now I noticed that my guestbooks doesn't work anymore, all I get is a blank page..

All paths etc should be identical to before..

Any suggestions on what to do/what to look for to make them work again.. maybe I missed some setting while reinstalling??

Best Wishes
Thomas
Topeka, KS - High school sophomore Brett Tyson was suspended today after teachers learned he may be using PHP.
"A teacher overheard him say that he was using PHP, and as part of our Zero-Tolerance policy against drug use, he was immediately suspended. No questions asked," said Principal Clyde Thurlow. "We're not quite sure what PHP is, but we suspect it may be a derivative of PCP, or maybe a new designer drug like GHB."
Hi!

Can someone tell me how to properly use Access Stats with a frameset page? If I include the SSI bit in a page logging etc works fine, but referer will ALWAYS be my own page (as each page is refered from the index.htm). Is there any way to solve this?
I solved it, it was a very simple and stupid misstake...

The path from the page to the script was topdl/status.pl
But I wrote /topdl/status.pl

Small difference it might seem, but makes all the difference.
If you have a Apache server you need to have the directory option "Includes" set for the dir where the page is in (And I asume "ExecCGI" set for where the script is).

And eh, don't forget to name the file .shtml (.shtm might work, but not always)

Now another odd thing.

download.pl tables show the number of DLs for the top file on the same line as the measure bar, for status.pl and js_status.pl the number of DLs for the top file is always placed below the bar, why??
(any fix?)
Super!

That article helped a lot, enabled the Includes option for those dirs needing it and added .shtm to .shtml where needed.

Now it looks like it at least tries to do the SSI bit, but the output I get on the page is:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

So now to fix that bit Any clues?

On a secondary note, which is generaly prefered and more safe? JS or SSI ??
Hi!

I'm running TopDl for a site on a Apache 1.3 server under WinXP. When I include the js version of counters etc it works fine, but whenever I insert the SSI version I get nothing at all.
Do I need to config something in Apache for it to work?
I've renamed the pages that contains the SSI code to .shtm
I don't know what I'm doing wrong here so please help!
Hi!

I want to set up the daily counter to use my MySQL db as it is used for other stuff as well. I've create dthe empty db and edited the config file with server/fb/log/pass info, but when I run the php file to create the tables nothing happends. I get no error message and when I check the database it's still empty, no tables.
What am I doing wrong? I'm using MySQL 3.23 under WinXP with Apache 1.3 server.

Also:

How do I reset it each midnight so only users visiting after midnight will be shown in the Visitors.php ?? (Can I also set a maximum number of visitors to be showed?).
Thanks, but I solved it. It was pretty lame realy
I had forgotten to set the ExecCGI option for the directory
Hi!
I'm trying to get teh Advanced Guestbook working, but it just won't work
I'm running Apache 1.3.27 udner Win XP with PHP 4.3.4 and MySQL 3.23.53.
My site resides in /kibk/ and all the guestbook files in /kibk/guestbook/

I've managed to use the install.php to create db/tables but after that I have no clue to what's going wrong.

When I try to access index.php or admin.php through the link from my site or directly in it's subdir all I get is a empty page, if I vciew the sources it's pretty much a empty webpage /some info, and a empty body).
I get no error messages or anything, just empty pages :/

Do I need to change something in the Apache config? Or PHP/SQL config? What am I doing wrong? What should my gb config look like?

Any help to get this running would be welcome!
Hi!

I've used the install and created the db/tables. I keep all the files together in the guestbook subdir of my site and link it from my menue.
Prob is, I never get anything when I load the index.php page.. There's no error, just a empty white page??
Same if I try to access index.php or admin.php directly in it's subdir from my server (Apache 1.3 under WinXP).

Anyone have a clue to what's going on? What am I doing wrong? (The Daily counter php stuff works just fine).
I think it only shows the last visit of a unique IP/Host so if the same host is responsible for severall of the counted hits it will only show up once (beeing the latest visit).

Forum Index » Profile for SteinerKD » Messages posted by SteinerKD
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum