If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: grelli
Forum Index » Profile for grelli » Messages posted by grelli
EDIT to the random verification text MOD:

Open lang/English.php (or the language file that you are using)

Find

After Add

You can of course choose any words you like for the verification and also add more than 6 of them.

Save and close the file.

The change is "count($randomText)-1)", this needs to be done to prevent the index to be OutOfBounds when choosing the random index.

/Grelli.

P.s. This has been changed in the instructions in the previous post!
Carbonize wrote:your last instruction would end up with there being two input boxes for the anti bot test.
Thats not true

The second input field...
...is a hidden field and its only purpose is to transfer the random text that was generated to the next step of the posting process to be able to compare it to the text that the user inputs!

/Grelli.
For those who want to have a random verification text, I made some addtions to the MOD which enables this!

BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES, TAKE BACKUP OF ALL THE FILES THAT WILL BE EDITED!

Follow the changes in the original MOD and then follow the following instructions::

Open lang/English.php (or the language file that you are using)

Find

After Add

You can of course choose any words you like for the verification and also add more than 6 of them.

Save and close the file.

Open lib/add.class.php

Find

Replace that with

Find next

Replace that with

Find next

Replace that with

Find next

After Add

Save and close the file.

Open addentry.php

Find

After Add

Save and close the file.

Open templates/form.php

Find

Replace that with

Find

Replace that with

Save and close the file.

Thats all!

These changes worked for me on my 2.3.1 Advanced Guestbook! I will NOT offer any support concerning this addition to the MOD, I just don't have time! So if you have problems with these changes, you are on your own!

/Grelli.

Forum Index » Profile for grelli » Messages posted by grelli
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum