If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: cville22903
Forum Index » Profile for cville22903 » Messages posted by cville22903
Running 2.4.4. Had set up name, location (modified) and email address as a mandatory field.

Have noticed a few entries without an email address.

Leaving the email fiend blank will result in an error. But found that a single spacebar will allow the entry to go thru.

Is there anyway to tighten this up?
I wish to publicly thank Carbonize for all the help he has given me in upgrading my old 2.2 guestbook and it's hacks to the more current 2.4.4 guest book.

Long Live Carbonize!

Recently upgraded to version 2.4.4 with a lot of help from Carbonize. I had help about 8 years ago on a particular hack on my old version and the notes I found that explain how it was done just don't seem to work.

The GB is being used on a Vietnam Veterans unit site and I have a hack that is a drop down box so visitors pick their unit (13 different units) which is actually the location field.

The hack is on the main page and allows visitors to use the same type of drop down menu for the units (location) and display only that units messages. This is very similar to the page jump menu already existing.

I've gone back over the notes and the files from ver 2.2 and can get the drop down menu on the main page but when you do a search for the units it does nothing.

I'm willing to make payment/donation for assistance here as I've been trying to get it working but my PHP knowledge is shaky. Thanks
I've got all the mods from my old guestbook in place now. Having a little difficulty with one, but want to work on it before coming back here. Otherwise how would I learn

would love to have 1/10 of 1% of what Carbonize has forgotten about advance guestbook. I'd be soooo happy
I went back and reloaded my backup copy of my data base. I ran the 2.2 tp 2.3 upgrade script and then manually added the "book_pics" table.

I have AG2.2 in the original directory (with an edited add_entry to prevent anyone from posting while I'm upgrading) and AG2.4.4 in a different directory.

I checked both versions and the location (Units) displays at the proper length. So I added the book_captcha table and checked both versions again and everthing displays correct. Version 2.4.4 comes up with the captcha when I post and I can make test posts under the new version.

The only thing I didn't do this time was run the script /misc/convert_table_to_utf8.php

At this point it appears, double and triple checking that everything seems to work, now I have to dig out my notes from 9 years ago on how I did the mods. Hopefully I will not screw things up.
Thank you, that fixed that problem.

But now looking at the guestbook I see another issue. The guestbook is used on a military veterans site. I've changed the display name of Location to Unit and one of my mods in 2.2 guestbook is a drop down box of the 14 units that the site and guestbook covers. I haven't done the mod yet (have to find my notes!!)

Anyway, I just saw that the Location (units) field being displayed is trunciated. As an example, prior to starting to upgrade, it would display the entire unit's name, ie, "121st Aviation Company". Now the display shows "121st" only.

Looking at my backup copy of the data base with phpMyAdmin, the /location field in the book_data table is varchan(50) utf8.
The backup location field is the same except it's still at latin1_swedish.

Looking at data in the field the backup DB has the correct info while the upgraded version seems to have removed everything past the first word (number). Now to throw a wrench into the thinking, if I type in 121st Aviation Company it does display correctly.

Should have paid more attention to the entire display during each step of the upgrade, I was just so darn happy it came up!

Upgrading a 2.2 guestbook.

I downloaded your script to upgrade to 2.3. Everything in the script worked with the exception of adding the pics table which I manually did. Guestbook worked fine at that point.

Because I need to do a bunch of mods, I downloaded 2.4.4 to a new directory and pointed config.php to the original database. The guestbook came up as 2.4.4 and I logged in as the admin and snooped around a bit. Saw a bit about having to set the capatcha up farther down in the config.php file so I did that.

I looked thru all the files in 2.4.4 and did not find an upgrade file but only found /misc/convert_tables_to_utf8.php which I ran and was successful.

If I attempt to to sign the guestbook I get a SQL error Error Number: 1146 Table 'ov1_agbook1.book_captcha' doesn't exist

Somewhere I missed a step between 2.2 and 2.4.4 which would have added the additional table(s). I've been up and down the forum and couldn't find anything (it's probably there and I'm too blind).

Can you help out please??

I already changed out a 2.2 guestbook to the current Lazarus on another site but I need to keep using AGB on this site as I sort of understand the mods I need to make.
Finally got time to do the upgrade to the guestbook this morning.

I downloaded the script for 2.2 to 2.3 and ran that. I then downloaded the current 2.4 guestbook and uploaded that. There was no db_update script in he misc folder but there was a convert_tables_to_utf8 so I attempted to run that and got:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'ov1_agbook1'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Attempting to pull up the guestbook resulted in connection error.

So I restored the 2.2 files and the 2.2 db and my guestbook was back but I still had the same problem that started the thread.

Reading on Carbonize'a site he had a patched sessions.class exploit fix so I uploaded that to my guestbook and still had the same issues.

Figured I might as well play, so I used the session.class file from the 2.4 guestbook and uploaded to my guestbook. I logged into my site and the new file corrected my admin issues. I made some tests adding, editing and deleting and the GB seems to be working fine. A 2.2 guestbook with a 2.4 sessions.class file.

And all I wanted when I started this was to upgrade to have a capatcha
OK - I'll work on it tonight after work - Thank you for all your hard work on this
Would it be better and easier to upgrade since I'm going to have to do it at the end anyway?

Also, I can't shake the feeling that it's something dealing with the move to a server running PHP 5.3.5. I have another small site on a different server (same hosting company) that is also running version 2.2 but that server has PHP 4.4.9 which is what I was on prior to the move and having no problems. The move was necessitated by a requirement for a higher version of SQL so I could upgrade a forum board (went from SQL 4.0.22 to 5.0.9.2)
Pix of last_visit
I had to run off to my real job this morning to help pay for the web hosting that has this problem

I changed out to your request.

$date_strg = chunk_split($date,2,"-");

die("Date = $date");

list($month,$day,$hour,$minute,$second) = explode("-",$date_strg);

and now when I log in and go to any admin function I get:

Date = -03-14 17:
I added the string to the /lib/session.class.php so it now reads

$date_strg = chunk_split($date,2,"-");

die("Date String = $date_strg");

list($month,$day,$hour,$minute,$second) = explode("-",$date_strg);

$tstamp = mktime($hour,$minute,$second,$month,$day,$year);

and now instead of being kicked back to the log in I get a blank screen with on this displaying":

Date String = -0-3--14- 0-6:-
Extremely limited on making changes by myself, I can however follow directions fairly well and if Im told what to look for and what to change I can do that.

I do need to upgrade the guestbook. Would doing an upgrade fix the issue as it appears that I have to upload all new files.
last_vist is in uppercase

Forum Index » Profile for cville22903 » Messages posted by cville22903
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum