If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: peterplumber
Forum Index » Profile for peterplumber » Messages posted by peterplumber
Carbonize wrote:

A quick look at this sites own guestbook shows that the captcha isn't working.

What can be done? Is it finally time for me to switch to Lazarus?
Have the spammers broken CAPTHA? After installing CAPTHA a few years ago the spam was kept to a contolable minimum. But within the last week to so I am now getting 20 or more spam posts a day. I am still using V 2.4.3 Is there anything new in V2.4.4 that I should install?

What do the spammers even got out of posting things like, "Incredibly interesting, looking forth to visiting again. "
and, "Thanks for the purpose of supplying like superb content. ", etc.?

I tried renaming the directory where my guestbook resides, hoping that would help. It didn't.
I need to know where the pictures and entries are stored. I will delete and then reinstall the guestbook script if I can but I don't want to loose 6 years worth of entries.
Someone installed a redirect in my guestbook. When I try to open the guestbook page, I am redirected to linkbee.com

Go to www.567thadm.org
Click on the link for the guestbook
See if it happens to you
Let me know what I can do about it.
What are the advantages to upgrading from 2.4.3 to 2.4.4?
Auron wrote:Sounds like one of your tables is missing a column.

Have you recently updated the files and or database structure?

Not recently, but then again, I have been getting this error for quite a while. Before I upgraded to 2.4.3. I am not really sure when it started. It doesn't effect daily normal use of the guestbook, but I can't make any changes on the admin level. I think it stated when I was getting bombed with spammers, and I tried to prohibit certain IP address. That's when I first got this error, but that was over a year ago. I had posted here then, but never got a reply to my post.
Carbonize wrote:Not sure about that but you certainly need to set the base url found in the config.inc.php file.

OK, did that. Found that file in two locations. Root directory and in the admin folder. Changed both. Still get the error.
Carbonize wrote:Not sure about that but you certainly need to set the base url found in the config.inc.php file.

Set it to what??
Anytime I try to change the General Settings, I get a "Query Error"
Even if I make no changes, but click the "submit settings" button, I get this error. I don;t know how to fix this Any help will be appreciated.

MySQL Error : Query Error
Error Number: 1054 Unknown column 'thumbnail' in 'field list'
Date : Tue, October 28, 2008 15:02:29
IP : 72.11.66.62
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2)
Referer : http://www.567thadm.org/forum/admin.php?action=settings&panel=general&session=xxxxxc86d5&uid=1
PHP Version : 4.4.7
Server : Apache
Server Name : www.567thadm.org
One of the upgrades in version 2.4.3 is the addition of human varification testing for the comments. Be sure you are completing that test! That may be the incomplete field the error message is referring to. ALSO besure you don't have the comments password protected.
Anytime I try to change ANY of the general settings for my guestbook, I get the following error:

MySQL Error : Query Error
Error Number: 1054 Unknown column 'thumbnail' in 'field list'
Date : Mon, July 9, 2007 14:12:45
IP : 72.11.66.62
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Referer : http://567thxxx.org/forum/admin.php?action=settings&panel=general&session=6ad8677e9d3194f00e7dc4c55586df6f&uid=1
PHP Version : 4.4.1
Server : Apache
Server Name : 567thxxx.org

What can I do to stop from getting this error?

Forum Index » Profile for peterplumber » Messages posted by peterplumber
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum