If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: karenbee
Forum Index » Profile for karenbee » Messages posted by karenbee
OK - I have found that. It says
[base_url]/image.php?id=$VARS[gbtoken]"
So i understand what to insert in between the '', but please could you explain what I am doing before I do this!
On add an entry, the letters come up that a user has to copy already. I looked up 'captcha' and it seems that it what it is. So if it already working, do I still need to do what you suggest, or is there another benefit?
thanks
I have found where it says captcha.php on the LHS and there is a load of code on the RHS.
Oh dear -I wish I knew what you meany by that! Or where to find it. Is that what captcha is then?
I assume captcha is where you have have to copy the letters that appear in the box? This seems to be there automaticially and I can't see anywhere in my settings where it allows me to turn it on or off. Actually Dataflame have now installed the 2.4.3 version although it is not entirely working as the emoticons/ pictures are not appearing!
Hi
I have just registered as I have been hacked twice now but only have 2.4.2. I am using Dataflame as my host and I do not know very mcuh about all of this and they loaded the Guestbook onto my site in the first place. Each time they have sorted the problem but yesterday I got 6 spam entries - all the same except the name. Dataflame suggested upgrading the Guestbook, but by the look of all these entries, that will not help! Any suggestions that an amatuer could deal with?

Forum Index » Profile for karenbee » Messages posted by karenbee
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum