If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: gmac
Forum Index » Profile for gmac » Messages posted by gmac
I guess this forum actually can work as intended. I got off my butt and took the time to read through many similar posts, and guess what? The answer to my question was already here!!!!!

It was the ole "CHMOD 777" trick in two places!

Thanks to all who keep this forum running!
Sorry. I forgot to give my site.
www.uhigh63.com/guestbook
I don't really know who Carbonize is. But, I kept the faith and trusted him with my secret sign-on info, etc. He did not let me down! He worked his magic to bail me out of a very tough situation with my newly-updated AdvancedGuestbook.

I will be eternally grateful! Thank you Carbonize for going "above and beyond! :o
A user cannot post a picture any longer. It takes it, apparently renders it, but does not show it in preview or on the guestbook. It just shows a little red X in the top left corner of the frame. All of the old picture posts still show up.

Is there any easy fix?

Thanks in advance!

George
I don't really know who Carbonize is. But, I kept the faith and trusted him with my secret sign-on info, etc. He did not let me down! He worked his magic to bail me out of a very tough situation with my newly-updated AdvancedGuestbook.

I will be eternally grateful! Thank you Carbonize for going "above and beyond!" :o
Carbonize,

What do you want me to do to help you help me? I can send my file, give you access to my server, etc. Just let me know, and I'll be glad to respond. I really need to get this working!!

Thanks in advance.
I also made some additional updates (like putting the URL in) to the config.inc.php file. I ran update, and it said update not needed. I checked the SQL database, and all is still there. Every page is blank in the browser. So, I'm not getting something properly initiated??!!
Yes, but the page is blank - www.uhigh63.com/guestbook
I successfully copied all of the new files over the old. I ran the DB update sucessfully to transfer the old info to the new config.inc.php file. The result of the whole process is that I now get a blank screen when I go to my Guestbook URL!

Help! I know it's probably something simple. What do I need to do???
Help please! I replaced all of my files except config.inc.php as instructed. When I tried to update that file, I got this error message.

Updating db from 2.3.x to 2.4.3

<b><font size=4 face=Arial>Query Error</font></b><hr><pre>MySQL Error : Query Error
Error Number: 1044 Access denied for user 'yscr_gbxkR5'@'localhost' to database 'guestbook_2'
Date : Sat, August 2, 2008 01:51:59

I tried to update that file manually. Didn't work. Went to update_db.php in MISC Folder and got the same message.

I'm dead in the water. My guestbook screen is blank. What do I do??

Forum Index » Profile for gmac » Messages posted by gmac
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum