If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Alexx
Forum Index » Profile for Alexx » Messages posted by Alexx
OK, I have solved this one.
How to make visible the IP addresses and server names of those who make comments for the polls?
Is there some setting for this?

In all the demo pages the IP-s are shown, but there are no IP-s shown after I set up my poll.
I can see the IP-s and servers just in my Admin interface.
Using the cookie thing?

That's a solution to work against only those who have no idea how to use there PC-s.
Anyone else just cleans the cookies and cache, and by doing this they can vote 100 times in the same poll if they wish.

Having the IP table set to on?

This and with the "lockout time" set to some time again won't work, because people can find tens of free online proxies to use, and with each proxy they can vote once.

As conclusion

Is impossible to find a real way against those who want to vote for multiple time, and by this to alter the unbiased result of a poll.

I still have my cookies on, and the IP check on, with the same lockout time like the cookie time, because these 2 combined still give a little more defense against multiple voters.

Any ideas how to defend better against multiple voters?

Forum Index » Profile for Alexx » Messages posted by Alexx
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum