If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Shenreed
Forum Index » Profile for Shenreed » Messages posted by Shenreed
HI Carbonize,

I tried to download the “reset.php” again but I couldn’t find it so, I took your suggestion that since I was running AG 2.4.x and that I should have a reset script in the misc. folder. I created a link to “forgot_pass.php” http://yoursite-123xyz/guestbook/misc/forget_pass.php and that provided a web page with the four part form below (on the left)

Hostname..............locolhost
Database...............how-to reset p/w
Username..............how-to reset p/w
Password..............33jFa7TJN4

I then went to my guestbook »> admin »> config.inc.php «< file and copied my MySQL name & password etc.

$GB_DB["dbName"] = "how-to reset p/w";
$GB_DB["host"] = "localhost";
$GB_DB["user"] = "how-to reset p/w";
$GB_DB["pass"] = "33jFa7TJN4";

and entered the exact same info into the blank spaces on the right side of the form.

Once I completed that, it automatically created a new page and asked me to change user name and password…. Once I did that, I was logged into my guest book as Admin..

Thanks a lot!!!!! Worked like a charm.
HI Carbonize,

I have a problem logging in to my Guest Book as admin.

I downloaded the “reset_beta.zip” file, unpacked it, and installed “reset.php” in my guest book directory and changed permissions.

I went into my »> admin/config.inc.php«< file and looked for $GB_DB(‘user’) to get my MySQL password..

I then inserted my link into my Web browser http://123-wxy.com/guest-book/reset.php that took me to the new Admin Reset page..

However when I entered the required info, it came back with a problem saying…

There was a problem changing the username and password
Table 'saysecom_agbook1.book_auth' doesn't exist

Any ideas as to what I’ve done wrong?
John

Forum Index » Profile for Shenreed » Messages posted by Shenreed
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum