If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: JC
Forum Index » Profile for JC » Messages posted by JC
Hi Henrystr

I am not an expert in php. I am actually getting started but I have already started building a few websites in php so, I'm sorry if my question is somewhat stupid.

Do you have any server software installed like xampp, wamp or (mamp if you are using mac)?
If yes, is it working correctly?

As far as I know the index.php page should read "It works!" if everything is set to go.

I hope this helps a bit, unfortunately this is the far I can go.

Good luck!
Thanks Carbonize, that would be great, I am now trying to get started with php and will come back and post questions here and if you can answer then it would be great.

Once again, thank you for trying to help!
Hello Happy day, thank you for your feedback.

I took a look at other posts in the forum and I think i found some useful tips but for us novices, it s always a problem because we never know where to put the lines of code and sometimes a simple semicolon makes things impossible to work but follow this link http://proxy2.de/forum/Advanced-Poll-Tips-and-Help-Links-5290.html , maybe you saw it already but that is the least we can do, we have to try and try until we get it right.

Actually i did not have the time to do anything else but i will have to get the poll sorted in the next few days.

Good luck with your project!
It does have something in there but i still dont know what that is all about, but i think i found something in one of the forums.

Thanks!!
Hello!
Anyone knows of some manual that would be suitable for a complete beginner (like me)?

I want to install a poll for a website that I am building but my knowledge of php is very little but i do know about html.

Can anybody tell me something about this?
I saw some scripts and downloaded one of them but i dont know what to do with it.

Please help!!

Thanks!

Forum Index » Profile for JC » Messages posted by JC
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum