If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: jgill560
Forum Index » Profile for jgill560 » Messages posted by jgill560
Carbonize,

With the help of one of the links you posted in this thread, I found the answer.

I changed CHECK to IP table and LOCKING TIMEOUT to 999 hours.

Thanks again for all the help you provide here.

Jim
Unfortunately, nothing in settings except the option to change the "You have already voted!" message. I tried installing this script through Fantastico and Quick Install (hostgator). Maybe if I go manual I'll have better luck.

Thanks anyway.

Jim
Carbonize, you seem to be the goto guy on Advanced Poll.

One subject you didn't cover in your links is how to PREVENT people from voting more than once.

Whenever I refresh the page containing my test poll, my vote in the poll is increased by one. How do I prevent multiple votes by the same user? I don't see this option in General Settings or in Create a new poll. I suspect the problem is with the cookie.

I placed the following code immediately before </head>

<?php
// Important! You have to include it before your html code
include_once "/home/ab57051/public_html/polls/poll_cookie.php";
?>

My code in the <body> section is

<!-- Start test poll -->
<?php
include_once "/home/ab57051/public_html/polls/booth.php";
echo $php_poll->poll_process(5);
<!-- End test poll -->

The page link is

http://faccondos.com/surveys.php

Any help from anyone is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim
Whenever I refresh the page containing my test poll, my vote in the poll is increased by one. How do I prevent multiple votes by the same user? I don't see this option in General Settings or in Create a new poll.

Thanks,

Jim

Forum Index » Profile for jgill560 » Messages posted by jgill560
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum