If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: ashworth102680
Forum Index » Profile for ashworth102680 » Messages posted by ashworth102680
I have this glossary that was setup and I want to modify a bit and I am not sure how it comes together, but more importantly, how it works into the array listed below. Here's how...

##############################
printf($getWordArray["word"]);
echo "</b></dt><dd>";
printf($getWordArray["definition"]);
echo "</dd><br>";
}

It out puts text like this...

Term
Definition here here here here here here here here here here here here here here here here here here.

The whole idea is to have a sweet looking glossary like nobody else has done....here's my idea. I want the script to check the definition value BEFORE it's output to the browser window, and "look for" the "term" value to see if exists. If yes, then link the term to it's own special link such as that listed below...

I want it to actually CHECK the $definition variable for the instance of ANY of $word variables in the database table. If yes, then link the word on output to be like this (where "underwriting" is the word that was recognized):

http://www.my-domain.com/glossary/glossary.php?word=underwriting

....this would link to the term "underwriting" (when found in the $description variable)

Can u help?? I know all you guys are smart as hell out there....I'm just a newbie.

Forum Index » Profile for ashworth102680 » Messages posted by ashworth102680
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum