If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: fove
Forum Index » Profile for fove » Messages posted by fove
It's got more features and is updated more. I didn't mean to piss you off, each to their own.
I'm confused, the Advanced Poll doesn't require a MySQL database...
No problem.
Have you gone to general settings and changed the path to the image folder? It may be trying to retrieve the images from the wrong folder.

Hope that helps.
The admin page is included with the download. May I ask which script you are using? Your english isn't so bad.
Lol that wasn't my post, I merely agreed. Anyhow, there is no way a php code can work in a .html or .htm file. The various extentions are there for a reason. However php files are no different to html files so I don't see the problem of using them. You only have to rename them.
If you are not willing to pay for php hosting then you should look for a free provider.
What page is the poll on? It would help if I could see what you meant. Also is the poll counting the votes made even if the poll is not redirecting them?
If it's not working can you not try to install it via FTP? I had no problems that way.
Go make a new MySQL database with a program like phpMyAdmin then name it, add a username and password then insert the info there.

/* database settings */

$GB_DB["dbName"] = " the name of your new database here"; "
$GB_DB["host"] = "localhost"; (you probably won't need to change this)
$GB_DB["user"] = "the username you chose for your database goes here";
$GB_DB["pass"] = "password for that username here";
No need to get so defensive.

You do realise that an index.php or default.php would work in exactly the same way? My site's opening page is index.php and my poll is on the index page. Webdesign does not begin and end with html.

Also, I do have other php applications that run from htm files and are inserted code into htm files, so it can work if coded properly.

I don't see how that could be true. Are you sure it's not perl or cgi scripts?
Although you'd be better off with invisionboard.
Why don't you read the FAQ and ReadMe files included in the download? Also the coding for each poll can be found in the poll list page under the poll's "help" button.

Forum Index » Profile for fove » Messages posted by fove
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum