If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Jared
Forum Index » Profile for Jared » Messages posted by Jared
considering that you are on yahoo geocities, you are out of luck for anything that you want to do. Advise: Get a "real" webhost. something like what you want to do can be done with a crontab, or within a script once it is executed. Just hope the date on your server is correct.
No, I said place an .htaccess file in the root of your domain. If you are on a windows server then forget about it unless it is windows running apache.

If you are on a unix type server, then the .htaccess file at the root of the domain will block that person from the entire domain.

If you can't figure that out, then go to your guestbook admin and just put the ip address in the ban ip block.........geeeeeeeeeeez
that feature is in the admin, but you can also use .htaccess to ban them from the guestbook, or the entire domain.

Example of banning someone from your entire domain (static IP)

or to block an ISP

You can also deny a range of IP address, by truncating the IP

but this method will block anyone with a 212 range....could be thousands

[/code]

just create a file named .htaccess (windows will not let you use that name convention, so what you can do is call it .htaccess.txt and then upload, and rename. (it will probably go invisible, unless you set your ftp program to view these type files
you have the option in the admin to turn it off
what's your email, and I will send you a graphic walkthrough guide.

or email me using my contact form on my website www.avianosaints.com
To get the best photo gallery script on the net go to http://gallery.menalto.com

it is free, php, has many many features that are better than paid scripts.
auto thumbnail creation, view counters, add comments etc.

very very cool script

Forum Index » Profile for Jared » Messages posted by Jared
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum