If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: egeurts
Forum Index » Profile for egeurts » Messages posted by egeurts
What is "FreeScripts"?
And what does "is not work" mean?
Guest wrote:You know..I just hate it when people give stupid answers to peoples questions.

Auran...we have tried all that..and if you actually read peoples posts..you'd figure that out..

If your gonna answer..provide some answers as how you got the one on your site to work...not b.s.

Mark

The question was pretty stupid to begin with, no wonder the answer is going to be somewhat basic.
If you had searched this forum before posting a question, you would have found the answer below, which I've copied for your convenience:

I'm giving you an example, based on how I've setup my guestbook, but the same technique can be used for any kind of 'small' application written in a script language like PHP.

In my case, I've setup the guestbook in a directory of it's own on the website. The directory is called {domain-name.com}/guestbook/.

In a different part of the site, I have a web page, called gastenboek.htm (it's a site in Dutch, gastenboek means guestbook).

Here is a small piece of code from this gastenboek.htm:

As you can see, I've given the Iframe a name (Guestbook), and some visual settings such as margins, border and alignment. Inside the Iframe, the initial page of the guestbook is called up, throught the src attribute.

This way, the guestbook is operating within the Iframe. You might say the guestbook is completely unaware of the fact it's running in an Iframe, it might as well be running on it's own in a separate browser window. Whatever happens inside the Iframe, the rest of the site around the Iframe is untouched.

Hope this helps...
Guestbook uses a number of templates. You should take entry.php in the templates folder and look for the text "$COMMENT". That's the position of the comment. Give a go at changing the program and the template, it's not very difficult
A bit more specific would be helpful.
Do you mean the guestbook or the poll?
try www.freesql.org
Anonymous wrote:i didn't wanna open a new topc, so i'll use this one.

It's better to start a new thread, because it's a different issue!
I said 'Free Scripts', not Web Links

The address is http://proxy2.de/scripts.php
kingdavidPhP wrote:(...) still I believe the tables are not yet created for the program to run. (...) What tables do I need to add so as to make it work? (...)

The answer to your question is in the second step of the installation instructions:

The tables will be created for you!

There is a helpful tool that you could use to see if the tables have succesfully been created. It's called phpmyadmin, and it can be found at http://phpmyadmin.sourceforge.net/
How about opening your eyes and moving them to the column on the left. You'll find the Main Menu there. The second entry is "Free Scripts". Click that one. Now you're one a page with a description, a demo and a download link for all the scripts that you can find on the site.

Good Luck!
Are you the same 'guest'?

Please try to be a bit more precise in formulating the problem!

And also: try to find the answer in the forum first, before alerting the whole world!
The subject you've given your message is not very informative, I doubt if anyone is going to understand your problem from it.

And the problem description you've given is very short.

You should include much more information, like:
- what exactly have you done and/or configured?
- what is your server (OS, webserver, PHP Version, database or not, ...)
- possibly a link to the page that has the problem.

Only then will we be able to help you.
Hi,
This is from the readme file:

Have you done both steps?
Hi,

First of all, decide if the webserver/hosting service that you use supports a database or not (mysql that is).
If not, you're going to be using the version that stores the data in a textfile. If you do have a database, use the db version.
Just delete the other one then, I would say.
The readme.txt file has all the information you need.

It would be a good idea to try it all on a local server (your own PC for instance), and start uploading it only when you understand how to setup the program.

Good luck.
floss wrote:Is it possible to add an extra username and pwd?

I suppose it is possible, but you'd have to program that yourself. It is not something you can do through configuration of the program.

Forum Index » Profile for egeurts » Messages posted by egeurts
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum