If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
advanced poll and switching polls  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

How can I set for Advanced Poll to set next poll after one of them has expired. I' ve manualy added time limit for one week (7 days) and after that period same poll stays forever and doesn't switch to next one. I dont need for poll to be random, I have set of questions and I want to automaticly switch them after some period, in this case 7 days. Please help me if you can to solve my problem. thanks

todorovg@subotica.com
Webmaster
Site Admin
[Avatar]

this feature is currently not supported.
[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

So, if I understand this correctly, I'd need to update the php file that contains my embedded poll? So if I wanted to replace one poll with another, I can't do this with the admin feature? I'd have to manually edit whatever page I've embedded the poll into?
Anonymous

What I mean is: Do I have to manually update my php file with a new pollid every time I want a new poll to display? If my embedded poll is listed as poll_process(9);, is there any way to change to a new poll using the admin features, or must I go into the page and change that number (9) to the new pollid for every new poll?

I hope so, because this looks like a great product, but if it can't do this, I don't see the point. Maybe I'm just missing something.
Anonymous

poll_process("newest");

This will always display the most recent poll, right? But if I wanted to, for some reason, run an old poll, I'd have to manually change the poll id on the page I'm using it?

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum