If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Make image instead of email address in Guestbook  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

Need some help here folks for a newbie..

In Advanced Guestbook 2.2, I would like to display the email adresses as an image (PGN, JPG or GIF) instead of test.

Attempting to learn PHP, I can create an image with text in it, but I don't have enough knowledge to make it work in the Guestbook.

Can anyone help me please....Thanks
cville22903
Beginner

guest cville wrote:
In Advanced Guestbook 2.2, I would like to display the email adresses as an image (PGN, JPG or GIF) instead of test.

From looking at some of the older posts this seems to be a desirable item that people have asked for in the past. Some way to keep email addresses away from the spiders.

Can this be the #1 item on Guestbook Users Christmas wish list?

Anonymous

This is something that this guestbook is in dire need of. I have spam spiders visit my guestbook about 2 times a day acording to my log files. I am starting to think that if this can not be added to this guest book, I am going to have to dump Advanced Guestbook all together, until it has some sort of anti spam feature. Advanced Guestbook has some of the greatest features compared to any other guest book in the biz, but without an anti spam feature, it is useless.
Anonymous

Jared wrote:This is something that this guestbook is in dire need of. I have spam spiders visit my guestbook about 2 times a day acording to my log files. I am starting to think that if this can not be added to this guest book, I am going to have to dump Advanced Guestbook all together, until it has some sort of anti spam feature. Advanced Guestbook has some of the greatest features compared to any other guest book in the biz, but without an anti spam feature, it is useless.

help please --- anybody know how to do this??
Anonymous

anybody?
Anonymous

Good grief! What is the point of having a support forum if there is no one providing support! AntiSpam is a huge issue and a way to use an image instead of text would be ideal.

I see a total of 1413 visitors here so far today - now that's a real crime.
Anonymous

It seems that the guy that writes these scripts is out to lunch. either that, he doesn't support his scripts in any way. He leaves the burden on the people posting in here. Guess any requests to these support forums is like urinating in the wind. It aint going to happen unless some one that is using the script figuers it out.

I get a nasty spam spider with a dynamic ip address munch on my guestbook almost everyday.

too bad really.
Anonymous

ya, i hate those spam spiders....in my webpage, i am wiping out any email addresses whatsoever off my pages, off my forums, blog, anything ....

what do you mean as an image instead of test? i am taking it your having a code to create an image of the email address? but instead of test? what do you mean by test?
Anonymous

guest cville wrote:
display the email adresses as an image (PGN, JPG or GIF) instead of test.

it should read text

hey..no spell check on this forum
Anonymous

Okay guys i am new too PHP too but i figured out how to do this. Its simple to replace the email address by an image. Did you guys ever see there is a image to click on top of every posy near the comment image. Soo why not use the same thing. How to do it? Simple

go to templates folder, open entry.php

Then you will see text called $row[email[. Just replace this by $EMAIL.

Thats all you are done

Please check around you will find your answers.
Anonymous

Yes, that does place an image, but this doesn't cover what we are trying to do here. We were looking for an anti-spam spider feature. I can still view the source and read the email address. We just wanted a picture of the email address.... or text email adress viewed in the browser, but in the source ASCII

example is someone@somedomain.com

is the same as

paste this into a notepad file and save as html... it will display the address of someone@somedomain.com
Anonymous

So how should we edit the code to show it in ASCII format when each user post the message. Does anyone knows.
Anonymous

well folks, we still need help on this problem
Jared
Student

The picture or the ASCII? I have the ASCII working on my guestbook now. Just view the source of the guestbook and look for the emails. I tested it against Atomic Harvester III Spam Spider engine.... Guestbook won, Spam Spider lost.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] [MSN]
Anonymous

Ok, how do you do it in ASCII then. We'll get to the pictures later but if you want to help, please do.

Since you evidently know what you're doing with PHP, please help us newbies out (we can barely spell PHP). Exactly what do you have to do and how do we do it.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum