If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Ok, I think I am almost done, but... (Advanced Poll)  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

Ok, after searching through these forums, using two or three different posts as install instructions, I have finally got the poll installed and the admin interface is working.

Now, however, I cannot get the poll to show up on my page. My page is a .php page. I have inserted the code that I found in the Admin Help section. But nothing is showing up. I have looked through the forums again, trying to find a solution and have tried many different solutions, but none of them are working for me.

This is what is at the top of my page:

<?php
// Important! You have to include it before your html code
include_once "/home/meininger/www/mommies/poll/poll_cookie.php";
?>

This is what is at the place where I want the poll to be located:
<?php
include_once "/home/meininger/www/mommies/poll/booth.php";
echo $php_poll->poll_process(1);
?>

I cannot get the poll to show up on my page.

I have to say this has been by far the most complicated script I have ever had to install on my website -- and I do appreciate all of the help that I have found from others on this support forum...

Anyone who can give me an idea of what to do -- I would really appreciate it. I am totally frustrated and ready to chuck the whole thing out the window
hikaru

I personally didn't have any trouble installing the script at all, infact I was quite impressed by how simple it was to install but anyway, I am having the same problem as you.

There are ways in the demo/help that tell you what to put on your site to make the poll show up but they assume you have a clue what they are talking about.

I personally am a newbie when it comes to this stuff (waves proud newbie flag) so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the script set up, polls set up I am fine in that department I just can't get the polls to show up on my page. Please explain throughly what I must do.

Thank you

--Hikaru

I'm an anime fangirl
[WWW]
Anonymous

Ok I got everything to work ok in the admin and such but I don't have a clue how to embed the file link. Does this have to be in a .php internet filie or can it go in a html page. I am not sure how to make this file work. I have everything else setup correctly but now what? When I add the script to a html all I get is the scripting info is ( poll_process(4); ?> ) please help thank you!
JVJR2
Anonymous

it has to be a .php file...
it doesn't work in a .html or .htm file...
Anonymous

I've been through the same thing and was very fed up with the script. I've installed many CGI scripts before but none with such scant and cryptic documentation. Had major problems embedding the php call in the html page. I then discovered that you can also call the script using an include virtual command with SSI! So I got it to work, except that the stats color bars are not showing up and the stats don't seem to be correct, I have yet to tweak it some more to get it to work properly. In a nutshell, it doesn't have to be a .php file.
Anonymous

Anonymous wrote:Ok I got everything to work ok in the admin and such but I don't have a clue how to embed the file link. Does this have to be in a .php internet filie or can it go in a html page. I am not sure how to make this file work. I have everything else setup correctly but now what? When I add the script to a html all I get is the scripting info is ( poll_process(4); ?> ) please help thank you!
JVJR2

I have the same problem !
What's the way to install php text in a html file ?
caejun

Ok I got everything to work ok in the admin and such but I don't have a clue how to embed the file link. Does this have to be in a .php internet filie or can it go in a html page. I am not sure how to make this file work. I have everything else setup correctly but now what? When I add the script to a html all I get is the scripting info is ( poll_process(4); ?> ) please help thank you!

Ok i am having this same Problem. could someone answer please ??
Anonymous

all u have to do is save the page were u want the code to appear as .php not as .htm or .html so that the server knows how to handle the php script. Try it i had the same Problem so do everything as the instructions say but save that Page were the code goes as .php aight

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum