If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Guestbook title  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Dale King
Beginner

Where does the scripts get

from, I've looked in all files I can think of, but really do not know much about PHP. I would like to add some text in there so that it is consistent over my side.

If there is no easy way to change this, maybe this would make a nice addon to the script in the admin page somewhere?

Thanks,
Anonymous

Try changing the one in templates/header.php

<title>$LANG[FormSelect]</title>

to

<title>whatever you want the title to be</title>

I've just tested it with our guestbook and it seems to have done the trick.

http://www.piratesofthecurribean.org/guestbook/index.php
Dale King
Beginner

thanks very much, worked a treat
Anonymous

Hi I'm getting this error when trying to do this

Warning: fopen(./templates/header.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/domain/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 193

What permissions do I need to change?
JTD
Graduate

You need to do all your editing via and ftp program. Setting permissions so that you can access those files via your admin is just asking for trouble if you are ever hacked.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Anonymous

They are just text files

So I can use a text editor and ftp over the old file?

Chris
ET
Graduate

Chris Cee wrote:They are just text files

So I can use a text editor and ftp over the old file?

Chris

Yes - And a suggestion here, to be safe - keep a separate folder with the original php file that you plan to edit. That way you have a backup in case you muck up the one you edit....

---------------
ET
Graduate

Dale King wrote:Where does the scripts get

from, I've looked in all files I can think of, but really do not know much about PHP. I would like to add some text in there so that it is consistent over my side.

If there is no easy way to change this, maybe this would make a nice addon to the script in the admin page somewhere?

Thanks,

The information is pulled in from the lang/english.php file (or whatever language you selected from your admin).
It is about midway down on the page under
#form
. . . .
$LANG["FormSelect"] = "Name My Advanced Guestbook";

You will find a lot of text for the various language portions of the Guestbook in the language files.

---------------

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum