If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Guestbook: Entry Form does not work  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
kjehed

Hi,

I have installed and tried the Advanced Guestbook on my own computer and everything worked fine. However when I uploaded it to my fast cable www server and re-installed everything from scratch I got this weird problem.

I cannot make guestbook entries!!! Which of course makes the guestbook meaningless

The Admin login etc, etc works like a charm.

Note: I have managed to get this to work before (on my computer, and several times) so I'm fairly sure that it either has something to do with PHP functions that my hoster has disallowed OR .... well, I don't know.

[ ... Apparently I'm not the only one with this problem ....
I found this entry on the forum:
--------------------------------------
"I'm having problems with new posts.
When i click SUBMIT button it reset the form and doesn't post the comment."
----------------------------------------
Which is exactly my problem!
]

Anyone with a clue?

--- my guestbook is at www.k-j.info/guestbook

(My webhosting place: coolfreepages.com has free webhosting & php support if anyone is interested, by the way)

--- K ---
Just for the fun of it
--- K ---
[Email] [WWW] [ICQ]
kjehed

Thanks to user 'Farell' that sent in this solution in a previous question of this forum:

The solution is to edit the /template/form.php file
Remove the 'enctype' part from the form.

-------------- quoted from Farell --------------------
Content before:
<form method="post" action="$GB_PG[addentry]" name="book" enctype="multipart/form-data" onsubmit="return checkForm()">

Content of line after :
<form method="post" action="$GB_PG[addentry]" name="book" onsubmit="return checkForm()">

--- K ---
Just for the fun of it
--- K ---
[Email] [WWW] [ICQ]
Anonymous

I had the same problem and I removed the part that was said. But now after clicking the submit button it loads a blank white page. The message appears in the GuestBook and all but that blank page is damn annoying. I was wondering if you could help..

Thanks in advance.

-Chimo.

(GuestBook is located at http://www.dumbassprods.iwebland.com/guestbook/index.php )
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

You just need to change the redirect so it redirects back to their message they just poseted or somewhere interesting. The redirecct should be there somewhere, where I don't know ask here if they know ::

http://www.spisas.com

Auron
[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum