If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
advance poll mysql help  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

i have just downloaded adv poll and i have everything in, i am also using omni and my php does work, but i dont know bout the mysql, but when i go to the install it says connecting and then these lines show up

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'repo.2y.net' (10061) in h:\repos\poll\db\install.php on line 666

Cannot connect to mysql database

Warning: mysql_create_db(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10060) in h:\repos\poll\db\install.php on line 668

Warning: mysql_create_db(): A link to the server could not be established in h:\repos\poll\db\install.php on line 668

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'repo.2y.net' (10061) in h:\repos\poll\db\include\class_mysql.php on line 31
Connection Error
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

I've have managed to install it under MySQL. Those errors are from whatever you put in include/config.inc

In config.inc

You may need to enter the username and password your hosting service provided you with and you have to find or put in the host, in this example as I was running it on my PC it was just localhost. It may be different for you, ask your hosting provider about this if unsure. THe class bit is if your using MySQL or PgSQL in your case you can leave it as class_mysql.php

Auron
[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

i am hosting my site on my computer also but it still doesn't work the same errors show up, i changed the config file but still nothing different???
Anonymous

this is the new error i get

MySQL Error : Database Error
Error Number: 1044 Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'poll'
Date : Sat, June 28, 2003 21:23:02
IP : ***.***.***.***
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Hotbar 4.2.4.0)
Referer :
PHP Version : 4.3.2
Server : OmniHTTPd/2.10
Server Name : *******
Script Name : /poll/db/install.php

and this is my config file the mysql and webserver have the same user naem and password

$POLLDB["dbName"] = "poll";
$POLLDB["host"] = "localhost";
$POLLDB["user"] = "username";
$POLLDB["pass"] = "password";
$POLLDB["class"] = "class_mysql.php";
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

You need to put in a username and password to get into the MySQL database. If you don't have one then you'll have to create a user in MySQL for yourself, thats what I had to do.

There are two ways to add yourself as a user you can use the MySQL Control Center off the http://www.mysql.com/ or you can use phpMyAdmin which I found quite tricky to use. The control center is easier and more reliable.

Auron
[Email] [WWW]
spor
Student

also the name of your database is unlikly to be poll
spor for instance is the name of my database

Go here for guestbook and poll help :: Spisas Guestbook

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum