If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
set up MySQL  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

How I can set up MySQL and where? I will set up guest book and pool but before that I need set up MySQL. Can somebody explain to me where and how i can set up MySQL.

Thanks
Anonymous

1) Download and install Mysql from: http://www.mysql.com/downloads/download.php?file=Downloads%2FMySQL-4.0%2Fmysql-4.0.13-win.zip&pick=mirror#mirrors

Then

1) Download the MySQL ODBC driver: http://www.mysql.com/Downloads/MyODBC3/MyODBC-3.51.03.exe
2) Install the driver. Its name is: myodbc3-test
3) Configure in windows with the OBDC Data Source Administrator your DNS connection, it's there under the name MySQL ODBC 3.51 DSN. Leave the field "SQL command on connect" blank. There is also a test button to see if your can make a connection with the Mysql database.

For a complete read go to: http://www.mysql.com/products/myodbc/faq_toc.html

------------------------------------------------

Only the man who's truly educated
understands that he knows very little...

------------------------------------------------
Anonymous

Thank you for answer. When I downlad all files in zip format in my computer can I open that file and transfer to my ftp file to my server or transfer all file to server and open them there. Do I need transfer all file or part of them and in which folder i need to put them? Is it in cgi-bin folder or i need open another one?
Anonymous

daky_uk,

usually, you can't install MySQL on a remote server. The server needs to have MySQL and PHP installed for you. Check with server admin to see if they have MySQL installed. If they do then you can ask them for permission to access the database.

I hope this helps.
Ludde

Hi I have mysql installed on my computer anf php, i dowloaded the guestbook but what shall i put in the config inc ??

/* database settings */

$GB_DB["dbName"] = ""; "
$GB_DB["host"] = "localhost";
$GB_DB["user"] = "root";
$GB_DB["pass"] = "";

can somebody explain to me plz
fove
Beginner
[Avatar]

Go make a new MySQL database with a program like phpMyAdmin then name it, add a username and password then insert the info there.

/* database settings */

$GB_DB["dbName"] = " the name of your new database here"; "
$GB_DB["host"] = "localhost"; (you probably won't need to change this)
$GB_DB["user"] = "the username you chose for your database goes here";
$GB_DB["pass"] = "password for that username here";

fove
Wendy
[Email] [WWW] aim icon [MSN]
Ludde

I downloaded the phpmyadmin, but I don´t get it is´nt there a ready tu use mysql database to use with the guest book
Anonymous

Hello ludde,

Just follow this tutorial:

Tutorial!
Ludde

Thanks
That helped, it is now up an running
Anonymous

When i go to install advanced poll 2.0 using mysql, i get a query error and it says the file poll config has already been created...what do i do?
fove
Beginner
[Avatar]

I'm confused, the Advanced Poll doesn't require a MySQL database...

fove
Wendy
[Email] [WWW] aim icon [MSN]
Anonymous

well...in the zipped file there are 2 folders; the db or textfiles...

so...i chose to use the db setup installation, but it didn't work.

I tried the textfiles a few days ago, but i ended up deleting it because the images didn't work and it was just plain screwed up.

help?

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum