If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
advance poll  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

I am using ssi to get my poll on my site, but when people vote, it does not redirect them to the results
Anonymous

anyone!!!
fove
Beginner
[Avatar]

If it's not working can you not try to install it via FTP? I had no problems that way.

fove
Wendy
[Email] [WWW] aim icon [MSN]
Anonymous

no, when people vote on my poll it does not go to the resaults, its all installed. What should the html look like if iam using ssi?
fove
Beginner
[Avatar]

What page is the poll on? It would help if I could see what you meant. Also is the poll counting the votes made even if the poll is not redirecting them?

fove
Wendy
[Email] [WWW] aim icon [MSN]
Anonymous

you the poll count increases but they can vote again and again and again. And they don't see the results. Do i have to put anything before the html code if iam using the SSI one????

At the moment i have it:

<html>

<head>
BLAH IN HERE
</head>

<body>
<!--#include virtual="Poll/poll_ssi.php?poll_id=4" -->

</body>

</html>
Anonymous

any one?
Anonymous

anyone please
Anonymous

hello??? anyone there
Anonymous

Hi!

One thought came to mind: does your host require that you change your page's extension for SSI? That is, do you need to name the page ssh rather than htm?

If so and you didn't do this, that might be the source of your problem.

Can you try it the other way without SSI? I am using the other method and it works fine.

~ Dawn
Anonymous

Also, I'm guessing that you still need to put the <?php> code in your header before the <html> data but am not positive. (It's the code listed in the text Help file next to your poll under Stats.)

And you probably need to name your page php rather than htm if you haven't.

Try those things and see if it helps. Can't hurt.
Anonymous

i have done that sitll nothing
Anonymous

You don't need to add any <?php or ?> since their using SSI which is Server Side Includes not PHP, and for simplicity reasons use PHP and either the MySQl or textfile version that is much easier and there are hundreds more people who can help you. Well maybe not hundreds more like less than ten.

Auron
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

I think the changing the pages extension you have to do as well I think. For simplicity reasons use PHP and either the MySQl or textfile version that is much easier and there are hundreds more people who can help you. Well maybe not hundreds more like less than ten.

Auron

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum