If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
PLEASE HELP,HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD FOR THE GUESTBOOK??  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
dbzkid999

Hey guys,

I need a lot of help now.

I know the default is "test" and "123", but I'm afraid that it might get hacked sooooooo........., I know this may sound stuoid but, how do I change the username and password?

Help appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

[][][][][] @D@M [][][][][]
[WWW]
Jam'n
Graduate
[Avatar]

Try the admin panel

Jam'n

------------------------------------------------

Only the man who's truly educated
understands that he knows very little...

[WWW]
dbzkid999

What do I do there?

Thanks.

[][][][][] @D@M [][][][][]
[WWW]
Anonymous

the reason why he is asking is because, when you are in the admin panel - the "Default" password is actually different from the supposed default password "123" - and when you try to change the 'default' password - it says "It dosent match" - I also have that problem,.....

And I came here to find the answer.

Relpying,...."Go to the Admnin panel" is a very vague response and very un-intelligent.

Please stay away from this thread, until you have a real response,...........

Thanks.
Anonymous

"Your current password" should be "Your new password" and then confirm your new password.

The user "test" I changed directly in the database using phpMyAdmin.

Regards,
K.
Anonymous

Hi Diavola.

What do mean un-intelligent.
Just go to the admin panel and you will see where to change it.
If you want to be treaten like I child then it's fine by me, but don't insult other people intelligents.
And also remember you're a guest here and there are people trying to help, but some newbie are to lazy to use the search button.
This question has been often asked and answered.
Anonymous

Yeah,

Jam_n has helped many people here, more then the author.
A lot of people should be thankfull, fot hte people like him and the rest.
He also setup my guestbook and a friend of mine free of charge.
So just show a little respect for this man/woman and to the rest of the people who are trying to help.

Or get lost
Jam'n
Graduate
[Avatar]

Hello Diavola,

I presume that most people can read they just need to be shown the right way.
I can't take everybody by the hand and walk them through, not with something like this.
You just need to loggin and you will find what you're looking for, you just need to read and you will see the answer.

So take it easy

Jam'n

Only the man who's truly educated
understands that he knows very little...

[WWW]
Anonymous

Well I want to thank all the people who putt up with all the newbie's questions.

Auron: for helping me with my Poll
Jared: for the mods
Jam'n: for the great tutorial
Spor: for the great website
Egeurts: Needs to work on his temper
Hawkslayer: for helping my with my guestbook

and to the rest I have forgotten "Thanks" without you we would all be lost.

And I ask to have campassion with the newbies they sometimes get frustrated (I did) when it does not go like you would.
Anonymous

Details are the issue here. On my admin page, it says username, current password, and confirm new password. Of course, this doesn't make any sense. This is obviously a simple mistake, probably a typo or perhaps a language translation problem.

By playing around with it, I found that I could create a new username by entering it on the username field, then typing the new password on the Current Password field, and confirming it on the Confirm Password field.

It might be that some users here don't have this same problem in their admin page, or that they are so used to this typo that they forget that it is actually incorrect. I came here to find out about how to change the password too. I found some of the replies and suggestions less than helpful, on this particular matter. Lots of good info here on this page, and lots of good and helpful replies.

Details are very important. Unfortunately, the text description of these fields is wrong, thus creating confusion, even for an experienced user. The interface has a flaw. The fields should be named more accurately. I'm not certain exaclty how they work, but I think it's something like this:

username: New Username or Existing Username
current password: New Password
confirm password: Confirm New Password

Telling someone to login to the admin page and follow the instructions is not helpful at all, given that the field names are incorrectly labeled. Perhaps the person who posted that reply doesn't realize that this flaw exists. I would like to find more information on the user account management features. I had to blow away my guestbook several times before I realized the problem was in the interface.

Thanks for making a great guestbook with lots of options and simple management. Very good work.
lmf33
Beginner

If its Guestbook Version 1.5

You can change it in guestbook.pl

Look for this,

# administration password
$admin_pass = "123";

Just change the 123 to whatever you want your password to be.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum