If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Poll 2.02  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
bozo1

Howdy All

I just finished installing Advanced Poll 2.02> I can access the admin area and input data for a new poll but there is no code generated (that I can find) to cut and paste into a new page.

I can preview the poll but that's it.

I can modify one of the demo polls but still no code and if I click on http://www.oregonpaintball.com/poll all I can get is the demo page. SO

I think I need a little help, please.

Thank You in advance...
pmonahan
Beginner

Did you copy the code as indicated in the admin area and post it into a new ascii text page with a text editor ?

I M P O R T A N T !! you MUST name the page with a .php extension, NOT .htm or .html

Example mypoll.php, my_poll.php, etc.

This is all the code you need in the document to call up your stand-alone page:

<?php
// Important! You have to include it before your html code
include_once "/hsphere/local/home/rfunkman/eschellon.com/poll/poll_cookie.php";
?>

<html>
<body>
<?php
include_once "/hsphere/local/home/rfunkman/eschellon.com/poll/booth.php";
echo $php_poll->poll_process(4);
?>
</body>
</html>

you could also insert the code (and poll) into another page, but it too must be a php document
bozo1

Well thank you very much, I thought it was automatic, but followed your instructions and tweaked a few things and there it was.

Thanks again for taking the time to help, it is greatly appericated.
Anonymous

Hello, I've also the poll on my site (http://www.chironeeroeteren.be) (rigth at the bottem) and it is a great script!, but .. when I vote on the poll, it goes to a new page. How can you manage it, that je see the results on the page itself? (it's very annoying )

Thanks in advance from someone out Belgium!
Anonymous

Nobody who knows that?

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum