If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Guestbook HELP!  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

I'm new to website design. A friend of mine installed the Guestbook for me @ www.madbeats.com/jedwards...

However, I want to modify text, specifics, etc, besides what is allowed through administration. I want to have the actual guestbook in my web as an .html

What do I need to do? I don't know how to get it from /jedwards to my server, and then on my computer? It may sound real easy, but I'm still new to this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous

If he installed it on his site, you just can't grab the files, download them to your hard drive and upload them.

You have to download clean guestbook files to your computer either from the Free Scripts section of this site or from your friend, unzip them, upload them to your site, install them thus creating the database there, then make the changes.

If you're really new at web design, it may not be a simple process for you. Maybe your friend can help.
Anonymous

thanks for the reply. I assumed I would have to get them from him somehow, and unzip them. It won't be that difficult to do, I'm new to web design, but not that new. Or perhaps, I might just install it directly to my computer. Anyway, thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
Anonymous

Will .php files, Advanced Guestbook, work properly in Frontpage 2000?
Jam'n
Graduate
[Avatar]

Frontpage doesn't support php

Jam'n

------------------------------------------------

Only the man who's truly educated
understands that he knows very little...

------------------------------------------------
[WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum