If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
How To Change The Drop Down Menu In Advanced Guestbook  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Krusher

Thanks for the scripting help Trevor! Great job! But you only get an A- since:
I forgot to mention about having to edit other parts of the script to make the automatic entries into jump links as well. I did it once but can't remember off the top of my head what the changes were

(just kidding)
If you have the time to look up the "other parts of the script" it would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.givemenames.com/
Anonymous

Right after pasting the first script in the instructions I get the following error:

Warning: fopen(./templates/header.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/rappetog/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 193

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/rappetog/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 194

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/rappetog/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 200

Please advise. Thanks.
JTD
Graduate

The reason you get this is they changed the coding of the drop down menu in the newer version. So trevors code will not work as written.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Anonymous

after further research I believe I am using the correct version, 2.3.1, but I may not have my permissions set correctly. Where and how should I set my permissions to be able to modify the templates? I've looked at other posts in here to change my permissions but there is conflicting information as to where and what to set. Thanks.
JTD
Graduate

bjr56 wrote:after further research I believe I am using the correct version, 2.3.1, but I may not have my permissions set correctly. Where and how should I set my permissions to be able to modify the templates? I've looked at other posts in here to change my permissions but there is conflicting information as to where and what to set. Thanks.

Trevers version worked on 2.2 and early 2.3.1. If it doesnt work for you then you probably edited wrong.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
pierito

Ok,

So, i don't understand how to make "all" the menu jump without the "GO" button.

I install the script, and for going to every page of my site i don't need the "GO" button, but to go to other page of the guestbook i need the "GO" button !

So, what i want to do is, either use the "GO" button for all, or don't use it for all !

Sorry, Please, what i have to do ?
It seems i must change something in : onChange=\"urlJump('self',this)

but i don't know what ?
ahjara

THIS IS MY CODE

function generate_JumpMenu() {
$menu_array[] = "<select name=\"entry\" onChange=\"urlJump('self',this)\" class=\"select\">";
$menu_array[] = "<option value=\"http://www.fruitful.topcities.com/guests.html\" class=\"select\">HOME</option>";
$menu_array[] = "<option value=\"0\" selected>".$this->db->LANG["FormSelect"]."
</option>";

WOT HAVE I DONE WRONG? THE MENU SELECTION IS THERE BUT IT DOESNT GO TO MY CHOICE PAGE BY ITSELF OR BY PRESSING THE GO BUTTON... HELP!

I AM USING VERSION 2.3.3
amber222
Graduate

I am not using AG anymore, so I cannot advise on the jumpmenu. I just wanted to say that using Lazarus Guestbook's gbinclude feature makes integrating with your site a breeze.

Lazarus - no jump menu required!
the intruder

I like this idea very much but it cannot be done with version 2.4.1 I only wish I had the older version of the guestbook now, because it would answer my question im having trouble with getting an answer to. It would be nice if this could be done with 2.4.1.
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

I think there is a way to convert ur GB to Lazarus from AGB.
Ask Carb' or check the stickies.

Converting may help? Not sure tbh.

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

As Lazarus is justa fork of the Advanced Guestbook it uses the same database structure. Updating is just a matter of copying te dataabse information from the Advanced Guestbook config.inc.php file to the one in Lazarus then visiting install.php in your web browser and selecting update.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
hwilliam

In the Lazarus version of the Advanced Guestbook there is no header.php file, so where and how can I add jump items?
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

templates/classic/body.tpl

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
hwilliam

Thanks for all the help, however in the gb.class.php file in the Lazarus version there is no generate jump menu line. there is a line about at 139 that says

$TPL['GB_JUMPMENU'] = implode("\n",$this->generate_JumpMenu());

is under this were the new code goes?
[WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum