If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Guestbook 2.3.1, some ????  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
patron
Beginner

Hello everybody,

I finished installing adv guestbook 2.3.1. into php-nuke. I'm very glad with this great script.

I still would like to make some modifications... but I'm not sure how to. (yes, I'm new to php)
I searched through the forum and I didn't find what i was looking for. Your help is very apreciated.
Url to the questbook: http://www.arubasource.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Guestbook&file=index

1st question.

1. The images do not display in the guestbook. the url to the image is correct (htpp://www.xxx.com/modules/Guestbook/img/signing.gif) but it still does not show. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

2nd and 3rd question is about the comment.

2. When someone replies to a comment, it shows the 'name' of the person ('xx:'), I would like it to show ("xx's reply:"). Where can I edit this?

3. How do I change the backgroundcollor of the reply ( as seen on http://www.ravenprom.org/guestbook/ ). that's really nice.

4th question is about fields.
4. the background of the 'fill in' fields are white. where can I adjust this?

I'm working at the moment on inserting the field of flags... I might need some help on this later on.. but for now i'll try to this on my own.

Thanks for your help. Greetz.
Anonymous

Hi,

Would love to include a Security Code to my guestbook, as you have on yours but do not know how to.
Can you help?

Get a lot of spam messages in my guestbook.

Many Thanks

fwcards
patron
Beginner

I don't have the verification mod on my guestbook.
search for verification mod in the forum.. there are plenty helpfull topics on how to do this.

the link to download the mod is if I'm not mistaken: www.carbonize.co.uk/verification.zip

i think there is somewhere the verification2.zip. but I don't know where. good luck with searching and modifing.
Anonymous

Hi again,

Thank you for your quick response.

I have downloaded the file and will install it very soon.

Thanks again

fwcards
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

www.carbonize.co.uk/verification.zip is the official download for the image verification mod.

As for changing the look of comments you need to edit templates/com.php if memory serves me well.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Anonymous

Hi,

Thank you for the info.

It's nice to know that there is help out there when needed.

Thank you again

fwcards
Anonymous

I have now installed the verification mod on my guestbook and I think it is ok.

However would appreciate if one of you would be so kind to visit my book and check it out. (if you could find the time)

Here is my url
http://www.fwcards.com/fwcards/guestbook/addentry.php

I thank you very much in advance

Best regards
fwcards
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Works fine except it is showing 7 characters and not 8. Weird and I'll have to look into that but it works fine. You will need to change the error mesage when they get the characters wrong as it says enter the 8 characters.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

ok, I did manage to solve some of my questions. but still i have no cleu why the images are not displaying in the guestbook. the url to the image is correct (htpp://www.arubasource.com/modules/Guestbook/img/signing.gif) but it still does not show. Help please?

small update.

2. When someone replies to a comment, it shows the 'name' of the person ('xx:'), I would like it to show ("xx's reply:"). Where can I edit this?
3. How do I change the backgroundcolor of the reply?

Thanks Carbonize for the tip . it was indeed in templates/com.php

4. the background of the formfields are white. where can I adjust this?

i managed to change this in templates/form.php (add code @ line 61)(between </script> & </style>

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Anonymous wrote:ok, I did manage to solve some of my questions. but still i have no cleu why the images are not displaying in the guestbook. the url to the image is correct (htpp://www.arubasource.com/modules/Guestbook/img/signing.gif) but it still does not show. Help please?

You have answered your own question
htpp://

it should be http://

Carbonize

get Lazarus
patron
Beginner

forgot to login . and i made a mistake in my message.

the background of the formfields can be changed with the following code (add code @ line 61)(after </script>

patron
Beginner

Thanks again Carbonize.

I better go rest and start fresh tomorrow.
Anonymous

Thank you for sign my guestbook and letting me know that the verification code is ok.

Have changed the error message.

Would you please let me into the secret of how to add an alert window to the code, rather than the error message appearing on the top of the page.

I do thank you kindly for all your help

fwcards
Anonymous

fwcards wrote:I have now installed the verification mod on my guestbook and I think it is ok.

However would appreciate if one of you would be so kind to visit my book and check it out. (if you could find the time)

Here is my url
http://www.fwcards.com/fwcards/guestbook/addentry.php

I thank you very much in advance

Best regards
fwcards

I'm having trouble on the last part of the (addentry.php
)GB verification script.Any chance you could email me a copy of your addentry.php?
I'm 10 hours behind you.

Thanks,
Steve2
sandlent@povn.com
Anonymous

Just e-mailed you the addentry.php

Good luck

fwcards

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum