If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Problem with adding banned ip addresses.  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Masterwebman
Beginner

I can't get a banned ip address to be saved. I enter the number and submit but it just doesn't stick. Any idea what could cause this problem and what would the fix be? I am using Advanced Guestbook 2.3.1

Also, some ip addresses are not indicated by numbers but look something like this: c-67-163-xxx-1x3.client.comcast.net -- Can this type of address be listed?
thanks
[WWW]
amber222
Graduate

Find the thread on Advanced Guestbook Fixes and Mods - somewhere on page 1 of the topics. In it look for a link to a topic something like "Quick mod to log IP instead of host name" Install that mod.

I don't know why you can't ban IPs. Are all your permissions set correctly according to the readme.txt file? Are you using the right number of digits for the IP?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Banned IP's are stored in SQL so file permissions would make no difference. Are you putting them on different lines?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum