If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
How do you make email address required in Guestbook?  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
hawkeye
Beginner

I just noticed that an email address is not required for Advanced Guestbook and there isn't anyway to do it in the admin?

Is there a mod for this?

Thx
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Yes, do a search for it. there is a thread dedicated to it.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
hawkeye
Beginner

carbonize..I saw that post but it it was unclear as to what I am deleting...I want all the existing fields to still be required plus the email...Do I still delete all that code? That tut appeared to me as something to do if you DON'T want any required fields?

Thx
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You need to add some to the javascript and that should make it required for 99.99% of your visitors as they will get a warning. There is also some checking done in the script but this is only required if the user has javascript turned off or is using a browser that does not support it. I'll look into writing a mod for it but I'm tied up at present making a site for a client.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

Did anyone ever figure out how to do this? I've checked (and searched!) links but am still unclear. Any help would be great. Thanks.
ET
Graduate

This can go in the form.php in the javascript section

Put it immediately under

Now this is at the most basic text checking level!!! It does not validate email is entered in the correct format - there are plenty of free javascript codes available online if you want something more elaborate.

NOTE - For the guestbooks that use the values of gb_name, etc., just change all the .email to .gb_email

Remember that if Javascript is shut off on the visitor's browser, this will not check for the email entry....
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Now if people would only use the sodding search function.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
JTD
Graduate

Carbonize wrote:Now if people would only use the sodding search function.

Are you kidding carb. And people wonder why I have that big search text in my signature.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum