If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
All browsers in the statistic?  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Matze

Hello!

Is it possible to check for all browsers? If somebody uses firefox, the statistic shows this as Netscape, and not as firefox.

I hope you understand waht I mean.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Pheonix/Firebird/Firefox did not exist when the script in question was written. I have never looked at this script but I'm sure I could combine it with a browser detect script I have to increase it's range.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
ET
Graduate

Hi,

Carbonize is correct that the browser was not around when the script was initially written - another factor is the fact that there are so many brands (and off brands) of browsers that you might end up bogging down the script before you ever caught them all.

http://webtips.dan.info/brand-x/useragent.html
has some good information about user-agents If you are looking to get a general list, you can always add those specific browsers (and operating systems for that matter) into your list. I modified mine to differentiate between the Windows NT and Windows XP operating system. But if you are tracking browsers, you will need to just add them in to your list.

Hoping that helps.
ET
Graduate

This will get you the firefox browsers in the list - put this in the $top_browsers portion of the script

It needs to be placed before the Mozilla group

If there are other browsers you are wanting to add, here is a list of browser ids out there....
http://www.zytrax.com/tech/web/browser_ids.htm

Hoping that helps
Matze

Thank you!

@ET: This is the code, I wanted to have.

But there's a problem, now, in the statistics, netscape ich not there, but there are "forefox 0" and "forefox 1"

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Impatient. If you wait a while I can improve th ebrowser detect the the best I can using the user agent string provided by the browser but as I said I am tied up. I will see if I can throw it together.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Matze

That's nice, thank you.
ET
Graduate

Matze,

The format that the script was originally written needs to be followed if you want to modify (tweek) just a little. Or wait for for Carbonize's generousity.

If you want to do it yourself, remember to think in terms of what is the order of appearance, for the pattern seeking process.

Hoping that helps.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum