If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Upgrade from 2.3 to 2.3.1  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

Anybody knows how to do this upgrade? which files are new?
thx!
Anonymous

I mean Advanced Guestbook , of course
szr

Yeah, same here. These people never provide upgrade scripts and I don't know why. Maybe it's because they're lazy, or don't have the time to just make a simple upgrade script .
Anonymous

Could the author of the script just post, which files are new in the 2.3.1 version, so I can overwrite those?
come on guys...
Anonymous

This is how you do it:

Replace all files and update your datebase with the sql file

CREATE TABLE book_pics (
msg_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
book_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
p_filename varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
p_size int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
width int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
height int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
KEY msg_id (msg_id),
KEY book_id (book_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

ALTER TABLE `book_config` ADD `thumbnail` SMALLINT(1) NOT NULL, ADD `thumb_min_fsize` INT(10) NOT NULL;
szr

No, your wrong because that SQL Update file is for upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3 and not 2.3.1. I need the SQL Update file for upgrading from 2.3 to 2.3.1.
Anonymous

I think u dont need to upgrade the mysql tables, overwriting the old files will do...
Webmaster
Site Admin
[Avatar]

version 2.2 --> 2.3
all files + sql file

version 2.3 -> 2.3.1
session.class.php

A stupid a bug in session.class.php

thx to Stalker <vvdl@vvdl.com>
[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

I did the upgrade as suggested but got locked out with my password. I had to reformat everything to get it to work and then I had to retype all my entries which was, well, annoying. I probably did it wrong.

I am not a total novice to this stuff, but I would appreciate so precise and clear instructions on how to upgrade, whether I should delete all my files (but not the databases/tables) or simply upload etc the whole new script hoping it will overwrite the old files etc.

PLEASE post some specific information, pretend we are all dummies and give us a step by step instruction on how to do it.

Thanks, I love your scripts, they work and are so clean, but I am scared to upgrade because I don't want to loose it all again.
Anonymous

Well I have just uploaded v2.3, installed it, set it up, and upgraded to v2.3.1 (after a visit here) within an hour.... I do agree a whatsnew.txt would be great but as for having to reformat everything don't you think that was rather drastic? Deleting your cookies should have done the trick

Great scripts btw, I use the Advanced Poll and the Advanced Guestbook scripts.... I can't believe these are free! Thanks...

[JJ]
url: http://retro-remakes.emuunlim.com/

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum