If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Importing data from older version?  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
hawkeye
Beginner

Carbonize,

I finally got my hotmail account working and got your email. I tried to sql the data into the database but I got this again:

#1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

My question is that this problem must have come up before. I can't be the only one with a backup from 2.2 trying to import it into 2.3.1?

Thanks for the help
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Most people with 2.2 don't seem to understand backups. Anyway as we discussed the problem lies in the fact that your backup starts from post #1 and you already have some entries in your guestbook and so post #1 is already filled. You would need to change the first numbers in all the entries of your backup to fit them in.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
hawkeye
Beginner

Actually I already thought of that and I still get the error that the columnsdon't match. I started the numbering off at 4 since I have 3 entries in my address book. It still wouldn't go...

Thx
hawkeye
Beginner

Problem solved...I had to remove the image field in the posts plus there were some extra quotes (assuming from the image field) a little farther down...

I was able to restore everything from the backup. I am only missing a few that weren't in that backup...however I did the Google cache trick shortly after I was hacked and I can manually add them...at least its not all of them!!'

Thx carbonize for your help and leading me in the right direction!
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Your problem hilights why people shoul not upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3.1. 2.2 and 2.3.1 use different methods for storing information about any uploaded images. I see no reason to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3.1 unless you are planning a fresh start.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
hawkeye
Beginner

Well I was hacked and everyone advised to upgrade...but also I just noticed in my general settings I have images turned off..so I am now wondering if I had images turned on in the older version if that would make a difference.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

No it would still put the field into the backup even if just to say it's empty. Yes 2.2 has a security exploit but I have released information on how to fix the exploit as well as a fixed file to make it easy for people.

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum