If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
customizing Guestbook and have simple ?  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Could you explain a little about your "modifications"?

Oh and just to test something can you download a fresh copy of the guestbook from here. Extract it, fill in the MySQL details in the config.inc.php file then upload tge entire thing to it's own folder, something like testbook. No need to install it as it will just use the existing bok entries. This way we can see if the error is in the code you are using or the database.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
JTD
Graduate

Well after posting a message in your guestbook. Or should i say attempting to post a message. You are takin back to this url. http://shellbird.com/GuestBook/index.php notice the difference's http://shellbird.com/GuestBook/index2.php

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Still doesn't explain the original error message and as she said this is not the final page it will appear on. Anyway get back to beta testing, I never said you could stop

Carbonize

get Lazarus
JTD
Graduate

Carbonize wrote:Still doesn't explain the original error message and as she said this is not the final page it will appear on. Anyway get back to beta testing, I never said you could stop

You never sent me the download link for it. Ya bloody brit.

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Thought I had emailed it to you oh well will send you the latest version sometime today. Think I have nearly fixed all the problems people have reported in here just about to work on the $session apparently being a problem on Apache 2. Then the smiley display function and it should be done.

Still waiting for our friend here to come back about the modifications and what results my test idea had.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
JTD
Graduate

Yea all you emailed me was a text of some of the changes you had made. But no actual download link.

m.moe75
Beginner

are there any directions or read me files to for tailoring the guestbook? Can anyone tell me how to tailor my guestbook?
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

All the templates are in the templates folder.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
m.moe75
Beginner

I do apologize, but I am still at a lost. Is there a way that I can view the templates and once I have chosen a template how do tailor it to fit my site?
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
m.moe75
Beginner

Ok after fooling with it for a while I was able to tailor it to my needs, but i still cannot get it to post. Can someone tell me where I am going wrong?

www.crowleyhigh-classof72.com
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Posted fine for me. Given the simplicity of your siets layout you could of just copied the top part of your HTML into th ehader.php file and the the bottom bit into the footer.php file. On a different note I am curious as to why you used images for the menues. Also you spelt gallery wrong and ladies or was that intentional?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
m.moe75
Beginner

Yea I see that it posted fine, but it did not post on my page. It redirects you to the template. Can you tell me more about copying my html?
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum