If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Heyas  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

Yea, where can I find the file with the book data infomation in it?
All I found in the main database was this for example, for an entry:

INSERT INTO book_data (id, name, gender, email, url, date, location, host, browser, comment, icq, aim) VALUES (25,'(Name)','(Genger)','(email)','(url)',1109797430,'(location)','(ip address)','(browser)','(messege)',0,'');

Name, gender, email, url, location, ip, browser and messege of the specific comment edited out.

I guess the 1109797430 is the date?

The entry was made today so how can that be interpreted?

Exact date and time was Wednesday, March 2, 2005 04:03 PM

Anyone have any ideas?
ET
Graduate

when you open book_data, switch your tables to browse to get an overview of each row of entries.

---------------
Anonymous

Thing is I dont know exactly where book_data is, the file I got was the guestbook backup off cpanel (the one from today, there wasent a earlier), it gave me a .gz file with all this information in it, I don't know where I would go to find the real database or where cpanel stores it
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Explain exactly what it is you are trying to do.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Anonymous

Ok, basically I lost all my comments yesterday, with no backups at all.

But I turned my browser offline and made my way to the guestbook in the cache. With the comments there. One by one I put them back as they were, only now the dates are from today, not whenever they were originally.

So I'm trying to find where I can go to edit the dates back to the original. The guestbook is hosted on a cpanel based root directory. Only way I know how to access the database is through the "download backup database", which gives you a .gz file of the information I posted.

I guess after I edit it I can just re-upload it, but other then that I don't know where this information is normally kept.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Take it your host does not keep backups of the MySQL tables then? or aer you your host? The time/date is stored as a unix timestamp. You may find this site useful - http://www.4webhelp.net/us/timestamp.php.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

There were no previous backups that I could find..

But that link is perfect!! just what I was looking for, thank you.

Not too sure how I'm going to correct it once I fix the problem though, I can download the backup database (the new one with the March 2nd dates), change the .gz to .txt, edit the timestamps, change it from .txt to .gz and upload it over the old database...

Least I hope that could work
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Or you could turn off flood control, input all the entries using the guestbooks form and then use phpMyAdmin to edit the timestamps in the database.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

I did use the guestbooks form to enter them all in, but the administration menu only lets you edit everything (including ip) except the date and time...
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Most people have phpMyAdmin installed for directly editting MySQL entries.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

Is that the administration on the guestbook?

Or something different? I'm new to php sorry..
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

It's something totaly different.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

Anyway you can explain to me how it would work, if it would? Can i install it and find a way to edit the dates easily? if you know a guide I would appriciated a link to it.. but doubt theres one for fixing advanced guestbooks dates.. if its complicated just say and I'll try the .txt to .gz conversion.. I'm just skeptical to tryit and have it not work at the moment, don't want to lose it all again :\
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

phpMyAdmin is a script you install just like the guestbook. It then lets you edit information in your MySQL database. Using this you could browse the entries and manually change the timestamp in the entries.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

Anonymous wrote:Thing is I dont know exactly where book_data is, the file I got was the guestbook backup off cpanel (the one from today, there wasent a earlier), it gave me a .gz file with all this information in it, I don't know where I would go to find the real database or where cpanel stores it

So you have Cpanel? There should be a link to your sql databases there. Click on it and it will list the databases. Somewhere on that page, usually at the bottom, is a link to phpmyadmin.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum