If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Removing URL/Homepage option?  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
tg_inf1
Beginner

Hi,
Please help!
Is there any way of getting rid of the 'homepage' option in advanced guestbook. I have been getting spam comments which in themselves are not offensive, but the homepages are highly innappropriate for my site. I have searched the forum and can't find anything to help.
I am using ag 2.3.1 and have hmtl codes switched off... please help I don't want to have to remove the guestbook but really can't have these links on my site.
Thanks in advance
TG
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

yes you can remove the homepage but this will not stop the spam. I'd recommend just using the simple anti spam modification to stop all the automated posting. You can find it in this forum or at www.carbonize.co.uk/Board

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
tg_inf1
Beginner

Carbonize.
I have followed the simple anti spam instructions, although I have to admit I haven't got a clue what I just did!
I hope that this stops the spam as I was getting very worried that the wrong person would follow one of these links.
I am new to PHP so I think I will read your 'introduction to...' on your site
Thank you very much for your time and sharing your expertise.
TG
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

If you read the Simple Anti Spam thread in the modifications section of my forum I give a brief explanation as to how it works.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
tg_inf1
Beginner

Oh yes, sorry- found it on this forum so missed that!
Thank's once again for your help
TG

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum