If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
How to add 'Approve by admin function' in AGB 2.3.4?  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
sdh

Yes, I know about Lazarus guestbook. Too bad I didn't start to use that from the beginning. But I don't feel like importing my messages into Lazarus, nor restyle the templates. (design)

As mentioned, the human verification test doesn't stop human spammers.

How can we add a 'Approve message by admin before display function' in Advanced Guestbook v2.3.4?

I'm not a programmer myself, unfortunately. I've tried, but it's not my shelf

Thank you
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Unfortunately it's not a simple thing. It would require the modification of add.class.php, gb.class.php, panel_easy, admin.php and the actual database tables.

As to the importing of entries the entries are kept in your MySQL database and it's just a case of setting Lazarus up using the exact same MySQL details as AG uses.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
sdh

Carbonize wrote:
As to the importing of entries the entries are kept in your MySQL database and it's just a case of setting Lazarus up using the exact same MySQL details as AG uses.

Thank you for your answer. If you can find some spare time on your hands, it would be great if you'd write a little 'tutorial' on how to do this. Say, in 10 simple steps or something like that

Thank you again
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I think it would take more than 10 steps to add the Admin feature. If I get chance I will think about it but right now I am busy working on Lazarus 1.5.1 and some new install/update scripts for it.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
sdh

Hello Carbonize. I didn't mean 10 steps to add the admin feature. I meant 10 steps to set up Lazarus in the same way as AGB, and then how to import the messages from AGB into Lazarus.

A small guide on how to change to Lazarus, and still keep all messages and so on

Thanks
[WWW]
JTD
Graduate

sdh wrote:Hello Carbonize. I didn't mean 10 steps to add the admin feature. I meant 10 steps to set up Lazarus in the same way as AGB, and then how to import the messages from AGB into Lazarus.

A small guide on how to change to Lazarus, and still keep all messages and so on

Thanks

Carbs update file will do the database for you when you run it. And you will not lose your entries.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Yeah I'll throw something together once I've done the new update scripts.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
sdh

Thank you Carbonize
[WWW]
H.Labout
Beginner

JTD wrote:
sdh wrote:Hello Carbonize. I didn't mean 10 steps to add the admin feature. I meant 10 steps to set up Lazarus in the same way as AGB, and then how to import the messages from AGB into Lazarus.

Thanks

Carbs update file will do the database for you when you run it. And you will not lose your entries.

Carbonize,
I like to switch to the Lazarus guestbook.
I now use the Advanced Guesbook and intergrated it into my coppermine gallery, see: www.haraldlabout.nl/fotografie
Will this be a simple action or is it difficult to change from AGB to Lazarus?
And most important, will it have the same layout as my current AGB guestbook? www.haraldlabout.nl/fotografie/guestbook.php (still empty, just installed AGB)

Harald
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I'm guessing you have edited the templates which is something you would have to do again to make it exactly match what you have now.

It might actually be easier to integrate Lazarus since it has a file specifically made for integrating the guestbook in to other pages.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
H.Labout
Beginner

Carbonize,

Thanks for the quick reply on my question.
Can I replace all the AGB fies with the Lazarus files?
Should that work?

Later on I will modify some files to get the same look as I have created now.

Harald
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

There is an entry in the Lazarus FAQ section on changing from AG to Laz.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
H.Labout
Beginner

Nope, wont work.
Copied my database info from AGB to Lazarus with following result:

Could not connect to MySQL because: Access denied for user '*******'@'localhost' (using password: NO) (my name on the ******)

Hope to solve this in the future.

Harald
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Are you sure you copied the database information exactly? Feel free to email me both config files to webmaster@carbonize.co.uk

Carbonize

get Lazarus
H.Labout
Beginner

Thanx man.

e-mail sent.

Harald

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum