If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Automatic Display of all polls in order:: Need Help  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
sharewarebuddy

I like to somehow automatically show the polls I created in order of creation (either ascending or descending)

My intention is to use the code below as a base to start of but I am not experienced with PHP enough.

<?php
/* poll */
for ($i = 1; $i<$XYZ; $i++) {
echo $php_poll->poll_process($i);
echo $php_poll->view_poll_comments($i);
echo $php_poll->get_comment_pages($i);
}
?>

When I use for example value "7" instead of $XYZ it nicely shows the first 7 polls including the comments

What I like to do is replace the "$XYZ" for a value that represents the end of the amount of polls created.
Anybody knows how to declare a variable that represents the amount of polls?

Also If a poll is not existing anymore it should skip this number.

By implementing this I could always sort my polls and dislay them ascending or descending in order of creation.

I like to even take this a step further, but my knowledge is not enough... Anyone interested to help me, for a price of course?

Thanks fo any help or suggestions
sharewarebuddy

What I need to know is how how do I make the $XYZ represent the total amount of polls available.
If for example I have 7 polls but poll nr4 is deleted I like to use the above to show poll nrs. 1,2,3,5,6,7 (4 is skipped)

I do not know how to read the amount of polls in PHP...

Please help

Thanks
amber222
Graduate

What about just using the poll list as shown in Demo3?
ranmajen

How can I change the layout of poll_list?

I have changed the file of poll_list.html, but the change has not been reflected in the layout (using demo 3).

I like to change table size which it is default to have table width 450.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum